Hurricane outage

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drax05

Reaction score
Been off line since hurricane hit, centered on where I live in Baldwin County Alabama. Power just on hour ago, been kind of quiet except for the chain saws going. Went through 2 of mine so far, parts ordered, no damage to any of my structures, but lost all 50 or so of my 25 year old planted pines and a few oak trees. I was within 20 miles of the house when it got full force around 5am, made it though.........Hope all you folks are well.

Good luck on getting things back to normal. Way I figure more's on the way.

I have been thru way too many of them in my lifetime .Actually so has my family my grandmother on my dads side and two of his younger brithers were killed in the 1900 storm when it hit Galveston.

Been off line since hurricane hit, centered on where I live in Baldwin County Alabama. Power just on hour ago, been kind of quiet except for the chain saws going. Went through 2 of mine so far, parts ordered, no damage to any of my structures, but lost all 50 or so of my 25 year old planted pines and a few oak trees. I was within 20 miles of the house when it got full force around 5am, made it though.........Hope all you folks are well.
Happy to see you are okay. Stay safe.

After 6 or so hours on a chain saw and my JD 3203/front-end loader, I have to toss it in for the day. Have shoulder surgery coming up after Deer gun season, but now may have to "get er done" sooner...... Anyhow, I was very lucky, lots of neighbors weren't. 4th generation here on the coast. First time I haven't been in the "middle" of things since I retired from the Corps of Engineers and worked Hurricane disasters, FEMA, from Panama City to New Orleans. Even in Alaska I was able to come down and work as I know the area good, and could usually live in my place (no cost to Government lodging) I kept here while living and working in Alaska for years. We owe a lot of thanks to many out-of-town groups, helping others not so fortunate, dig out. Many church groups included, from all over the SE. US.

After 6 or so hours on a chain saw and my JD 3203/front-end loader, I have to toss it in for the day. Have shoulder surgery coming up after Deer gun season, but now may have to "get er done" sooner...... Anyhow, I was very lucky, lots of neighbors weren't. 4th generation here on the coast. First time I haven't been in the "middle" of things since I retired from the Corps of Engineers and worked Hurricane disasters, FEMA, from Panama City to New Orleans. Even in Alaska I was able to come down and work as I know the area good, and could usually live in my place (no cost to Government lodging) I kept here while living and working in Alaska for years. We owe a lot of thanks to many out-of-town groups, helping others not so fortunate, dig out. Many church groups included, from all over the SE. US.
Glad to hear it's all coming together in your area. Stay safe and put some deer meat in the freezer.

Hanging in there, drax05, is about all one can do during these disasters. The best of luck.

I hope the recovery is smooth and that you don't take too big of a financial hit!
We had a flooded house many years ago and it isn't an experience I would want to go through again.
Ron

Latest posts

Back