greetings from NV

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HardcoreSlot

Reaction score
Hello all

My name is Matt, and Ii live in northern nevada and i just drew my first muzzleloader mule deer tag. Im really excited i just need a gun now! Been lookin at the T/C Omega, but like all things new and requireing such and investment, i need to do a ton more research.

My screen name seems to be a topic of discussion evertime i join a serious forum like this one, so ill give you the rundown here. lol
I assure you its nothing dirty. It started waaay back in my online gaming career. When my name was $lots. It stemed from living in Nevada with all the slot machines. later on because i listen to heavy music the Hardcore was tacked on so now i go by Hardcore$lot.

Matt welcome to the forum. And I see nothing wrong with your screen name. If you're happy with it, that's fine with me.

As for the Omega, its a great rifle. So is the Triumph. What kind of restrictions do you face where you hunt? If scopes are outlawed, even a traditional rifle will do you well.

Any questions you have, ask away. We are more then glad to help, offer our opinions, and perhaps lead you in the right direction.

Again, welcome to the forum.

thank you cayuga.

ya scopes and any sights other than iron or peep sights are not permitted here. the biggest problem i have there is i cant see open sights, hard to explain. i dont have bad eyes i just cant see open sights, unless they are close, like on a hand gun. ive handled a couple muzzleloaders and do like the sights but still not as good as a scope for me. oh well! ill get used to it!

Because scopes are not allowed, and you don't like most iron sights, we have to consider what might give you the best distance shooting. In this case I would be looking at a peep sight. Omega makes an X7 that comes with a peep sight. I don't have one, so I can not comment on how well they shoot.

Another option is a traditional rifle with a peep sight. Some of the guys aer shooting them with some exceptional results. I personally don't like peep sights. I have them, I use them, but since we are allowed a 1x scope I went that route.

Hello Matt. Like you I'm brand new to ML'ing.
I just got an Omega and sighted it in on Memorial Day. It shot quite well.
In CO where I will be hunting, scopes are not allowed.
I'm 62 and really appreciate the peep sights on my milsurp rifles.

My Omega came drilled and tapped for a scope, but can't use per the above.
A experienced ML'ing gent at the range last week mentioned that a company (Williams?) makes a peep sight that will fit on the back of the Omega. Believe he said Brownells may carry it.

I'm going to hunt this season using the sights that came on the Omega, which I really liked and see how that goes.

My Omega cleaned up easily and was very simple to reload.

Good luck with your selection.

Bob

Back