BH209 in the ML-10 II

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swampman

Reaction score
Smokeless powder cannot be use in the Savage in FL. Have any of you used non-smokeless powders in your Savage?

BH209 in mine.

110grs BH209
300gr rem HP .458
Orange MMP Sabot
CCI 209m

1 1/2 2 inch groups at 150 yds out of my gun. Your mileage may vary. BH does need a tight fitting sabot and strong primer for consistent ignition. Mine fired fine down to 10 degrees last year and accounted for three whitetail deer.

I do a full cleaning a few days before the season starts mid Nov run a couple of shots thru it to verify zero and don't clean it till the season is over for me. Either tags are filled, freezer is full or the season ends on Jan 1. Some times its when I get burnt out on the processing of them.

DC

Hello fellow Floridian,

Yes you can shoot and shoot consistently with blackpowder through your Savage MLII here in this heat. Triple 7 loose or 3 pellets of 50gr have been grouping well for me. BH209's initial can was disapointing to me and I have not bought any other.

Thanks guys I'm fixing to start selling off a few guns to get me a Savage with the laminated stock.

Back