Blowback relief-hole on Accura's barrels?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnpb

Reaction score
After shooting a few rounds today, I was cleaning the barrel of my Accura. When I took the breachplug out and was cleaning the threads I noticed a hole in the bottom of the barrel going through the barrel and into the barrel block thats welded onto the bottom of the barrel. After a little checking there is a hole in the front of the barrel block that connects to the hole in the chamber right behind where the breachplug would be if it was installed. The only thing I can think of is its some kind of aa blowback relief. It must work because yesterday while cleaning the barrel I lost the tip of a Q-tip in the barrel block end and today the tip was in the forarm. I sent CVA an email asking them because there is no mention of any such thing in the instruction book. Can anybody share any light on this?

thats correct, what ever gasses get past the primer, they go down into that hole and away from the shooters. This is pretty common to have, even on TC's.

I just wondered if infact that was what the hole was for because my other muzzleloader do not have it. But 1 is a bolt action, and an older Knight but my Kodiak is only 2 years old and it does not have one. It sure works because I've shot my Acccura about 50 times so far and there is zero sign of blowback on my scope.

Latest posts

Back