Can you name this sabot?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rks1949

Reaction score
I was digging through my shooting box this evening,and found these sabots. They were in a sandwich baggie,so I have NO idea who made them? With a 250gr SST/ML bullet in them they have a outside measurement of .503 inches. They really load easily in my PH. I'm going out tomorrow and see how they shoot (I use a 3 pellet load),so I don't know how well they will work. If they do work well,I'll be running myself nuts,trying to figure out who made them? The pics. aren't very good (cheap camera) :lol: Ron
102_0146.jpg
102_0145.jpg
102_0142.jpg

Looks like a red tipped Hornady SST setup, 250 or 300 grn? Weight them if able. If you only have a few odds & ends left just use them for initial sight-in & switch to your known supply.

Yeah,I had the bullets,just not sure who made the sabots? They didn't come together in a package. My gun really likes the T/C Shock Wave 250's with the supplied sabots. Not sure who makes the sabots for T/C,or if T/C makes their own sabots (not likley)? The Hornady SST bullet is the same bullet as the Shock Wave,just a diffrent color tip,but the sabots are definatley diffrent.( at least in this package) I could hardly get them down the barrel,today! :shock: Ron

sabot

looks similar to Knight "high pressure sabots" that come w/ their lead hollow points .
(watch out fer them "low pressure sabots" you don't want them. haha)

Just by looking - I'd say they look like the standard sabots Hornady supplies with the SSTs. And like aaron said, also like the Knight sabots.
I believe that both companies use MMP sabots for their bullets - so that's where I would look for replacements.

Yeah,I'll try them out tomorrow,and see if they shoot well. I'm also gonna pick up some SW's,since that's what I have the gun zeroed in with. I figured that all the sabots would shoot close, and not make much diffrence,but that was wrong! :shock: Ron

sabotloader said:
rks1949

Since it appears they have a smooth cup in the bottom - I would venture that the are Harvester sabot from an old contract...

The new contract they would be MMP - HPH24 but they have a stair stepped base in them...

Check this picture out...

http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB ... php?t=9798
Yup! :D You hit the nail right on the head! I've got some MMP HPH 24 sabots,so I'll give them a try! Thanks,guys! Ron

Latest posts

Back