Rifle choice for bh209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveB

Reaction score
Since it looks like the KRB is not currently an option for bh209, what are the best likely options?

Got a bunch of #11 Whites, but nothing for the new powder.

Steve

I think the bolt Knights will work as well as most of the T/C rifles. I understand the Omega works well and probably the Triumph also. I have heard that the NEF Huntsman also works. I just got some BH209 and have an NEF, Omega and KRB7. Unfortunately I had intended the KRB to be my prime rifle and was only going to use BH209 in it. Now it is not liklely to happen until Knight figures out how to fix the problem. I also have a 209 conversion for my White T-Bolt and may try it there too. I heard of one attempt to use Musket caps and BH209 in a White with apparently good results.

If I had a bunch of Whites, I'd forget the new powder, get some Swiss 3f or some Triple Se7en 3f and a bunch of bull shop conicals and really have some fun shooting...

:D

I really like the Omega's, but even I'm being tempted by the Disc Extremes! In my mind their main drawback, cleaning, isn't a drawback with BH209.

Wish I could justify another ML... or at least come up with a reason pretty soon. :lol:

Well, I guess I have to be different, I have shot it in several of my rifles but the Triumph is getting the tightest group with the Omega close behind.
The Big Horn may be old but it seems to work just fine grouping in the 1 1/4 range with a number of loads no hang fires may be I just did not try the right load. Lee

Well, I guess I have to be different, I have shot it in several of my rifles but the Triumph is getting the tightest group with the Omega close behind.

Well I had included the Triumph above to start with but I took it off because I hadn't shot it nearly as much with BH209 as I have the Disc Extreme and Omega. I didn't want another KRB situation.. :shock: But I'll take your word for it! :wink: :D

rifle

I'll bet I can add the TC Pro Hunter to that list if I ever find the BH209.

Thanks for the replies so far.
Been looking hard at the Triumph - Big - is there a reason you think it may turn out like the KRB?

Tahnks
Steve

SteveB said:
Thanks for the replies so far.
Been looking hard at the Triumph - Big - is there a reason you think it may turn out like the KRB?

Tahnks
Steve

I just don't know...It has a small flash hole and a long breechplug.. Two things in its favor are the breechplug IS concave AND of course it is a completely sealed ignition system... Certainly ZERO problems yet.. HOPEFULLY I'll shoot it some more tomorrow..

Lee 9 said:
Well, I guess I have to be different, I have shot it in several of my rifles but the Triumph is getting the tightest group with the Omega close behind."

My Triumph shoots shockwave 250's using BH209 very nicely.

tm

Latest posts

Back