Encore ProHunter or Omega?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimber7man

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting an Encore ProHunter. I currently have an Omega, ss barrel with synthetic camo thumbhole stock, that shoots pretty well, but I get flyers and believe it's due to bedding problems, so will try to free float it by using shims to see if that's the problem. I have treated the barrel with ultra bore coat, and the ease of loading and less cleaning is a big plus.
I'm looking at a good deal on an Encore ProHunter, and really need some advice, pro and con, on the idea before I decide whether to pull the trigger. So, what say ye?

To me..the big thing about the Encore is that you use one receiver and several barrels...muzzleloading, centerfire, even shotgun. Beyond that..it's really not a more accurate muzzleloading platform than your Omega. If anything, the Omega is a more accurate muzzleloading design. That's my two cents..

i agree the omga is a fine smoke pole the encore is a rifle with many selects on barrels each barrel is around 250 but a lot people come in and buy them you can ajust the trigger on them but look at the price of the pro hunter you can find encores for 525.00 to 600.00 dollars with out the all the stuff and still shoots good . i hope this help you good luck :shock:

If your looking for the versatility of the Pro Hunter as far as interchangeable barrels, go the pro Hunter.

If you looking to replace an Omega muzzleloader with a Pro Hunter to use only as a muzzleloader. I wouldn't. Especially if the Omega you say is a good shooter and just needs a little tweaking to make it a great shooter. I'd burn the money on powder, primers and bullets and tweak the Omega rather than buying a new Pro Hunter. No gaurantees the Prohunter will shoot as good or better than the Omega. Just my opinion.

Back