Scope help.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Com 45acp

Reaction score
I just bought one of the Knight Disc Elite SS 50cal. I need a scope for it but money is tight and only have around $50 to spend on it right now. Any suggestions?
Some load data would be great also. Thanks.

SAVE ONE MORE WEEK
3X9X40 BUSHNELL DUSK & DAWN 4" EYE REL. MUZZLELOADER SCOPE WITH CIRCAL X RET. AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO REPLACE IT LATER.

WALMART $78.00

LUNGBUSTER1

simons 3/9/40 cabelas pine ridge both are 39.99 but choices are good but save some money and buy a nikkon best warrant on the plant :lol:

SAVE ONE MORE WEEK

Yes! Or LONGER!

Generally speaking...your avarage $150-$200 scope is SO much more reliable and has SO much better optics than your average $50.00 scope it's crazy. Your chances of getting a REALLY good $150-$200 scope is VERY GOOD while your chances of getting a good $50.00 scope are slim at best.

You realize you have one of the best muzzleloading rifles EVER? Try to save up and put a good scope on it if you can..heck..CHARGE IT! :D

Early muzzle loader comes in 2 weeks. I have no time to save up the money, need something now.
Thanks

Is it an option to forego the scope and just use the fiber optic open sights on the gun? Should do you well for out to 100 yards, and you could save time and effort of mounting a scope, getting it sighted in, etc... Then save for 10 months to get a better scope with much better optics that will last you a long time.

I have seen used optics at various gun shops really sell cheaply. That might keep you in the price range you can now afford.

I found a nice used Nikon Prostaff 4x32 scope with Butle creek flip cap covers for $45. This should work I hope.

Hey Com, you might just find that's all the scope you'll ever need for hunting. The fixed power 4X scope is probably the most unappreciated and underutilized good hunting tool around.

com45, i have that same scope. actually, it was the scope that started on my disc elite. now it has moved to my mk-85. great scope, just be aware that it is parallax-set for 50 yds.

is there anything I have to be concerned with 50 yard parallax. whats the best range to sight in.

You bought an Elite SS 50 for $100????? I will take one if they have any left. If so where are they? Thanks :D

teacherboy.. I was thinking the same thing.. Give me the store name and city, I will call in my order.. :D

I'd walk there with you on my back!
cayuga said:
teacherboy.. I was thinking the same thing.. Give me the store name and city, I will call in my order.. :D

I totally agree that you save your money up and get a better scope. However I had the same problem you are having last year and to get me threw the season I bought a Traditions Scope to get me threw. It worked great however it wasn't very bright but got the job done for the year. Good luck.

River Rat

I'LL Take 2 at that price myself!!!!! :D

HOWS THE SCOPE DOING , HAVE YOU GOT TO SHOOT IT YET ?

GOOD LUCK
LUNGBUSTER1

Back