Going To Try Some Different Sabot Real Soon!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinks

Reaction score
Some of you may remember me talking about how much trouble I was having loading my bullet and sabot set up.........will yesterday I tried again didn't go so good, these things are so hared to load that when it moved my hand slipped and hit the front sight.........new set up happening real soon!!!

IMG_0136.jpg

Perry

I don't feel so bad now . . . but I know the feeling. I was checking out my new Bone Collector awhile back and was trying stuff some really large Knight sabots down the barrel and wound up getting my thumb pinched between the ramrod and that damn QLA opening in the barrel.

tpcollins said:
I don't feel so bad now . . . but I know the feeling. I was checking out my new Bone Collector awhile back and was trying stuff some really large Knight sabots down the barrel and wound up getting my thumb pinched between the ramrod and that damn QLA opening in the barrel.

That DOES hurt!!!

omegasmoke said:
Ouch is right,buy some barnes 250 or 290 gr TEZ and your problem will be solved.my triumph is extremely tight barreled and they load real nice in it.they are also extremely accurate..

I was shooting some 250g SST's and they loaded and shot fine
I went up to the 300g and broke my ramrod trying to get it to the powder
bruised the P!$$ out of my hand
go figure

pinks;
send me a pm with your address and i'll send you sample's of some smaller,easier to load sabots there's no need to tear your self up :D ...........karl

Back