Accura With Open Sights

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkM

Reaction score
About to pull the trugger on getting one of the CVA Accuras that are on sale at Cabelas. i have not had a chance to shoulder one yet though and I am worried about how the Accyra will work with open sights. Utah only alows open sights or a 1x scope. I do not like the 1x scopes so I shoot open sights. i have shouldered the T/C Triumph and its comb on the stock seems to be made for scopes, it did not shoulder well with open sights. I like how a the T/C omega feels. How is the CVA Accra's stock and comb compared with these two guns. Anybody have any problems shooting the Accura with open sights?

Mark

For me, the standard Accura stock is too low to use with the supplied open sights....I have to cheat up from the Accura stock and, as a result, lost a good cheek weld. It does appear that the Accura thumbhole stock version may be a little higher in the comb and thus 'could' be right for open sight use.....don't know for sure. The standard TC Triumph stock is near perfect, for me, for use with the supplied open sights. I do not like the Triumph trigger but I really like it's stock.

The fit of the Accura for the use of open sights works very good for me. I agree the Triumph makes it hard to get down far enough to use the open sights, but that isn't the case with the Accura. The Accura also works good with a scope mounted in low rings. There isn't really much i don't like about the Accura, and am tempted to purchase another from Cabela, even though i already have one. We too need use iron sights during our muzzle loader season. Another thing that was a pleasant surprise for me, was how accurate i could shoot the Accura with the factory sights, even though i cannot focus on the rear sight at all, and can only focus on the front sight by 'squinting'.

The fit of the regular stock is perfect for me my eyes are in allignment withe open sights and it really feels comfortable. With scope and med. rings still fits very good. I doubt you will be disapointed if you get one and you cant beat the price now at Cabelas.

I have an Accura with the thumbhole stock and its one of the most comfortable guns I've looked down with open sights. I also like my Omega X7 with the peep sight.

Back