sabots for hornady sst bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sagebrush

Reaction score
I have some 300grn sst low drag in 50 cal and they will not shoot out of my knight LRH, they do not seal the barrel enough to provide a good ignition with the BH209 powder.
Does anyone have a clue to which sabot I could use with these bullets?

IMO it depends on your rifle. HPH 12's or 24's. Your bore diameter will tell you.

Yep The Black MMPs are the bomb with the Hornady bullets. Knight DID market some Black sabots (which I'm sure are MMPs) as well that work well - althyough they may be hard to find now that Knight bit the bullet.

Mark
Some of those that Knight marketed were the short black MMP.
They are one of the thickest sabots made and are good in a loose barreled Knight or a White. Lee

Oh yeah Lee...................those things shoot like crazy in my Old Knight USAK. I was digging thru my stuff earlier and found 2 bags of them and 2 boxes of 300grXTP Mags................I'm ready to go play now! :D

But it actually has a nice and tight barrel. I measured it earlier and found the grooves to be .501" and the raised lands to be .497" - gonna make those FPBs I bought on clearance an awful tight fit since their base came out to .507" on my calipers.

Latest posts

Back