Anyone used Harvester's "Scorpion PT Gold"?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnpb

Reaction score
Harvester sent me some sample sabots and included some of their Scorpion PT Gold bullets. They look like they should be a good bullet and I was wondering if anybody has hunted with them yet and how they worked. I checked the price on them and they seem to be cheaper than what Cabelas sells the Flex Tip Bullet for and a WHOLE lot cheaper than PowerBelts, you just have to use a sabot. I haven't got to shoot them yet but I hope to soon. I'm still trying to find something my new Accura likes. So far I'm not impressed with its accuracy. It may very well be my fault but I'll keep trying.

In my old LK93 54cal , the 300gr PT has been one of the best 54x45s ive tried and you dont need a "magnum" charge for them to perform. I only use 100gr in that gun and its probably enough for most 50s too.

Expansion is good over a wide range and the 300gr retains enough weight IMO for good penetration on deer sized game.

The price is pretty nice too but always ask for sample of another item to help offset the shipping fee. I prefer them over most of the FTX/SST options. I wish they offered a 40-210gr Scorpion PT for the 45s.

They are a good bullet much better than PB, I think the Gold Dot 250 is a bit cheaper and just right for deer but the PT is an excellant bullet.

The PT's shoot good for me! Check out hpmuzzleloading site for more info about their game taking ability. Even cheaper from Harvester is their Funnel Mag bullets, you can get a 30 pack with sabots for around $12.00. You will probably want to use the Harvester smooth sabots with the PT's in the Accura. Start at 100 grains of Triple 7 and you should not have to go past 110 grains to find your best load.

I started using this bullet a couple years ago and have been thrilled with it. I use 90 gr. of Triple 7.

Scorpion PT Gold

This target was shot using PT Gold bullets. As you can see they are very accurate. I recommend them for your Accura.
th_Targets004.jpg
[/url]

This was shot at 50 yards. First two shots together on right, then adjusted scope to hit dead center.

260gr Scorpion PT Gold bullet
Harvester crushed rib sabot
80gr BH209
Fiocchi primer

100yds this morning, 3 shot group, with my Pro Hunter w/ Bergara .50 barrel. I was testing my new #3 Bellm trigger spring. 110grains Blackhorn 209, 260 Harvester PT in smooth Harvester sabot ignited with CCI 209M primer. Sorry if the image is big I do not know how to resize.

260pt012.jpg

PT Gold

Those PT Gold bullets do shoot real nice! I have used them for the last two years with great results both in my Omega and now going to use them in my new Accura.

Latest posts

Back