Hunting Blind & Camo Scope Rings ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ouengr

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a blind so my 10 yr old son and I can deer and turkey hunt out of it. He's really getting into hunting, but not so keen on sitting still. I am thinking of the Double Bull Matrix, it's kind of expensive, but all the reviews I have seen have been very good.

Any advice or thoughts as to blinds, would be much appreciated.

By the way this is my first post. I bought my first muzzle loader, a TC Pro-Hunter after looking at them ever since they first came out. My son and I have really enjoyed taking it to the range.

Some one should of told me how much I would enjoy muzzleloading a long time ago.

I am thinking of putting an Omega scope on the Pro Hunter. I saw one on TV w/ camo rings and I really liked the look.

Does anyone know where I can find good quality matching camo rings for the Pro Hunter?

Ouengr: :yeah:

First of all I would like to wecome you to the form AND the world of muzzleloading BUT I will tell you it is very very ADDICTING :applause:

The Matrix 360 is well worth the money best blind hands down no other blind compaires .

AS far as your camo bases & rings you may want to look at midsouth shooters.

www.midsouthshooters.com

PS- look at getting your son a muzzleloader next year he is going to want one! Knight makes a super youth rifle ( WOLVERINE 209 ) AND WHEN HE GETS BIGGER ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GET A STOCK UPGRADE

Lungbuster1

omega

Before buying an Omega scope, look through a Burris Fullfield 2 with the ballistic plex reticle. I bought an omega and took it back because the reticle was too thin and hard to see in low light. The Fullfield 2 reticle is much easier to see and they have charts that you can print on avery lables that give the yardages for quite a few ML loads instead of just one particular load like the omega. It looks every bit as clear and bright if not brighter than the omega as well. Just my .02

Tom

Here are the rings that you are looking for.
http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=000309958
I used to think I would like a Double Bull blind until the squirrells and rodents chewed on my cheap Ameristep Doghouse blind this deer season. :x It's aggravating but since the blind only cost about $60 or so, if they chew it up too bad I'll just buy another one. If that had happened to an expensive Double Bull, I'd declare war on all chewing critters in the woods! :lol: If you just put up a blind and take it down on a regular basis, then you probably won't ever have this problem. But my blind had been in the woods for about a month for the deer seasons. Whatever you get, if you're hunting deer, the blind needs to be brushed in really good so the deer don't spook IMO. For turkeys, it's not necessary as they don't pay it any attention at all.

the blind

Probably tooooo late but I bought the chair blind by Ameristep (single seat) and love it because it is light , compfy and I am not a real good sitter either. I see they have them for 2 people and looked to be 15 pounds, I would prbably get som extra camo for the fron as it is pretty open. I was in pouring all day rain in Ohio and stayed pretty dry. Hunt Safe! The Bull and those blinds are great, but heavier and not as mobile when I looked. Just an my 2 cents

Back