"holy black" shipped?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadwooddan

Reaction score
Curious were everyone was mail ordering for black powder? Have looked locally with no success. will only be ordering 2-3 lbs? so i really don't want need a case. Looking for Goex ffg

thanks

deadwooddan said:
Curious were everyone was mail ordering for black powder? Have looked locally with no success. will only be ordering 2-3 lbs? so i really don't want need a case. Looking for Goex ffg

thanks

Try Graf and Sons in Mexico Mo. or Grafs Reloading in St Charles Mo. I know the one in St Charles has Swiss and Goex.

deadwooddan

The best place to order might be from Powder Valley Inc.

The best place to buy some locally might be from a Traditional Muzzleloaders Organization in your area. Search in your area for a group or club of 'Traditional' muzzleloader shooters.

Search on the internet for your states MLA... in my case I use the Washington State Muzzleloaders Association. In that area they will tell you of the nakes of some of the states clubs. They usually have a stock of BP and will resale it without the hazmat fees associated with shipping.

all i can find on Powder Valley's site is
HODGDON TRIPLE SEVEN T72 (FF)
is this the same as Goex or Swiss? These seem to be most popular

BH209

Go to powdervalleyinc.com and look under powder, accurate powder and you will find BH209 at $24.00 per jug.

deadwooddan

all i can find on Powder Valley's site is
HODGDON TRIPLE SEVEN T72 (FF)
is this the same as Goex or Swiss? These seem to be most popular

Shoot I thought they would have BP for sure, but I could not find it either.

Hodgdon powders are all black powder subs...

GOEX and Swiss are true BP's with Swiss being the very best - but the oprice of Swiss reflects that also. GOEX is one of the widest used true Black Powders....

One more thought.... send Semisane a PM he as an excellent outlet for GOES maybe he can help you out.... He might also pick up on this thread....

minst7877

Thank you a ton!

That is the one that I was looking for or trying to suggest to deadwooddan

Latest posts

Back