I've been experimenting with the diy caps. I have the punch and the primer mix, it is touchy but can be done. The hardest part is charging the cap and attention MUST BE KEPT while mixing the primer compounds to avoid lumps as the man says, cause they don't mix correctly if all is not a smooth mix. Hence a crappy cap, but I think only a 1/3 measure is a weak cap, I will put in a bit more for a better flash but not alot more. I also made a small funnel from a 223 remington brass I found at the range, split the neck narrow it down around a scratch awl and soldered it's seam and now chargeing is a breeze. I will put some cheep hair spray in them to stop primer loss and wet proof them. Easy to spray....drill a paint stick with a # 3 drill set the caps in charge n pack primer let dry spray lightly store in your tin.