"The Bullet"

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rangeball

Reaction score
I think I saw this bullet mentioned in another post here somewhere.

Anyone tried this bullet?

http://www.jadaenterprise.com/

Interesting concept. They say it expands better than a normal bullet.

How?

Wonder what the BC is, and if it's actually higher enough to offset long range trajectory loss from the lower weight.

I have seen this bullet before,but, it was marketed under a different name if I remember correctly.

I've shot "the bullet" in times past and found it to be as accurate as any bullet I've shot from the 10ML.

As to the BC it's probably as low as any other 200 grain 45 caliber bulet but that's not a big problem since it can be shot to light speed.

RB - have you had any experience with this bullet on game?

RB- have you shot the 225 XPB's at all? They shoot very well in the 10ml.

I'm not sure what you mean about a base, Rangeball.

Second, do we really want more expansion than we already get with the XTPs and SSTs? Many report almost grenade-like meat-destroying performance from our normal jacketed bullets. A few like that result; I prefer a bullet that will expand, but above all, keep traveling in a relatively straight line through many inches (even a couple feet) of bone, muscle, and tissue.

Regarding "The Bullet", the reports I've seen indicate that, if anything, they are weaker (that is, expand even more) than most of the jacketed traditional bullets we shoot. The hole through the middle acts like a hollow point in this regard. All of the fluid pressure flowing through the inside of the hole causes outward expansion. Furthermore, the lack of a bond between the two sides of the bullet should mean that centrifugal force will have more effect on outward flow of the metals. In the pictures that I have seen of recovered ones, they look flattened about like half-dollars with a small hole in the middle.

That said, I may give them a try one day. They reportedly are really accurate and shoot quite flat.

P.S. Also, those who work with these types of physics issues have said that the hole on "The Bullet" is not large enough to get airflow through the hole in the middle. The hole has to be a certain size in relation to frontal area of the bullet in order for the hole to "swallow" the shockwave/turbulence created there at the face during supersonic flight. I'm told that the hole on these is not large enough to do that.

Thanks, that makes sense.

By "base" I was referring to a solid bottom of the bullet. I had thought it was necessary for the pressure to build and start the outward expansion. Apparantly it's not.

Mountain Man said:
I'm not sure what you mean about a base, Rangeball.

Second, do we really want more expansion than we already get with the XTPs and SSTs? Many report almost grenade-like meat-destroying performance from our normal jacketed bullets. A few like that result; I prefer a bullet that will expand, but above all, keep traveling in a relatively straight line through many inches (even a couple feet) of bone, muscle, and tissue.

Regarding "The Bullet", the reports I've seen indicate that, if anything, they are weaker (that is, expand even more) than most of the jacketed traditional bullets we shoot. The hole through the middle acts like a hollow point in this regard. All of the fluid pressure flowing through the inside of the hole causes outward expansion. Furthermore, the lack of a bond between the two sides of the bullet should mean that centrifugal force will have more effect on outward flow of the metals. In the pictures that I have seen of recovered ones, they look flattened about like half-dollars with a small hole in the middle.

That said, I may give them a try one day. They reportedly are really accurate and shoot quite flat.

Good job MM ! I think this is a good common sense analysis of how this bullet works. I too plan to shoot this bullet and give it chance. Maybe in Crossville next year??

Doohan said:
RB - have you had any experience with this bullet on game?

I've shot one deer the first year with a muzzle speed of about 2490fps at 90 to 95 yards. Recovered bullet looked a flat washer.

Doohan said:
RB- have you shot the 225 XPB's at all? They shoot very well in the 10ml.

No I haven't but I have shot the 220 grain Red Hot and it worked quite well for me accuracy wise. I'm not the type to shoot a solid bullet at deer so I don't hunt with it much.

Back