700 ml conversion - Pictures Included

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one in the picture is a savage ventliner I had on hand. We have the lehigh ventliners coming which we plan on using instead of the one pictured.

I have no idea what that error message means, but you got my PM and I got yours, so go figure.

I have a .50 cal 70o MLS and I am very interested.

My bolt and money order are on the way via USPS.

I have long contemplated simply buying a break-action muzzleloader to allow me to shoot better powders (777, Blackhorn) with 209 primers, as the Remington action can be a bit of a PITA to clean at 10:30 PM after an all-day hunt and a late-hour kill. But the darned thing is so accurate that I never do. Honestly, three 295-grain Powerbelt Aerotips in 5/8" @ 100 yards is nothing to sneeze at from a muzzleloader IMO.

So this modification looks to be my answer. I've seen a few others, including one that utilizes primed .32 ACP cases, but this one, judging by the pics, looks like it is simply part of the rifle as it came from Remington. It looks that good.

I think I'm going to start looking for a walnut or laminated stock to put that barreled action in. Instead of simply being my "blackpowder season" rifle, it may become my all-season rifle if it looks as good as it should shoot.

derfhunter,

my nutmeg brown laminated stock arrives tomorrow. I hope to have it all together and ready to shoot after this $#@&* monsoon blows through!

bdhuntr you are going to be impressed they really work very well. this is after 15 shots this morning
fredsconversion002.jpg

fredsconversion001.jpg

fredsconversion004.jpg

fredsconversion003.jpg

and the one that makes me smile right now
shorty002.jpg

Latest posts

Back