Knight Disc Elite not tight against forestock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zarubaj

Reaction score
I have a .45 Disc Elite that has a lot of play between the barrel and forestock. I took it in this afternoon and all the guy would tell me was that I should expect some movement in that area. I am moving the barrel and good quarter to half inch when I squeeze it against the forestock.

Went over to the shelf and tried 5 different makes/models of MLs and none of them moved at all. I have always had trouble with this gun and I'm sure that is not helping.

Anyone else have this issue and know if there is an easy fix?

That gun is meant to have free floated barrel. The barrel is not supposed to touch the stock from the lug area forward. 1/4" is too much...
You should be able to slide a dollar bill between the barrel and the stock most of the way to the lug area. If it is indeed a quarter inch, call Knight customer service. They'll take care of ya, Sam is a great guy.

Its on its way to Centerville so I guess we will see what they say. I just bought a can of BH 209, a box of SSTs, and a bunch of Remington primers. Hopefully I didn't forget anything.

He sure did! Got my gun back within a couple days and it I can't wait to hit the range on Sunday.

Hit the range today and I'm pretty happy with the results. After getting the scope zero'd in at 100 yards I put 4 out of 6 in the bull. I was using 100 gr of Blackhorn and 200 gr SST sabots. Both of the two that missed were 100% my fault but were still close enough to get the job done. Might try the Shockwave sabots next time. They look like they might do a little more damage.

I would up the powder charge to 110 grains and start there.

Good luck

knight

Mine likes it hot with the 200 grain sw or sst and the 195 barns. Use the lite blue harvester smooth sabots and 120 or 130 grains of BH209. win 209s works good also in my gun.
Wayles

Latest posts

Back