Happy GOEX Camper

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well guys, yesterday I picked up a mixed 25 lb. case of GOEX (15 cans of FFFg and 10 cans of FFg) for a total of $295.00/$11.80 a pound. I'm pretty well set for at least another year, maybe even two. Hooray for Jacks Powder Keg. http://www.jackspowderkeg.com/.

(Of course, I could have taken advantage of Midway's $24.99 sale and used that $295 to buy ten canisters (6 & 1/4 lbs.) of Blackhorn. Guess I'll just have to swab.)

I stopped at Cabala's on the way home from the powder run and browsed the Bargain Cave. I was surprised to find two Green Mountain 50 caliber Long Range Hunter 1:28 twist TC Hawken barrels for $160 each. Probably could have offered $125 and walked with them. Too bad they don't fit my Renegade. I had to pass on them, but I did pick up six packs of Harvester 45/40 sabots for $2.69 a pack, and a pack of 100 Ballistic Products 1/8" 12ga felt wads for $4 to try in my caplock double.

That is a very good price for black powder. I checked my supplier and I can only get it for $13.48 and then there is a haz mat as I am not driving after it. So black powder is getting high.

Semi

I stopped at Cabala's on the way home from the powder run and browsed the Bargain Cave. I was surprised to find two Green Mountain 50 caliber Long Range Hunter 1:28 twist TC Hawken barrels for $160 each. Probably could have offered $125 and walked with them. Too bad they don't fit my Renegade

What do you mean they will not fit your Renegade? I have two of them mounted in a Renegade stock...

Here is a picture of my Stainless GM-LRH in a Rene stock and in a Hawken stock - the just interchange - in fact I do not even have a Hawken stock any more...

HawkRene.jpg

The difference between the 15/16 and the 1" barrel is so minor it is not even worth worrying about and then is 1/16 or 1/32 on each side...

sabotloader said:
Semi

What do you mean they will not fit your Renegade? I have two of them mounted in a Renegade stock...

Here is a picture of my Stainless GM-LRH in a Rene stock and in a Hawken stock - the just interchange - in fact I do not even have a Hawken stock any more...

HawkRene.jpg

The difference between the 15/16 and the 1" barrel is so minor it is not even worth worrying about and then is 1/16 or 1/32 on each side...

Are you kidding me Sabotloader????!!!!! I never even considered that possibility. Tunnel vision I guess, or just plain old "dumbassidness" (Is that a word?).

I won't be anywhere near Cabala's for another month or two, but if one of those barrels are still there next time I go I'm gonna offer them $100 bucks for it and see what happens. My bet is they will say OK.

dont feel too bad semisane, i always assumed the same thing as well. never occurred to me to try and put the hawken barrel in the renegade stock. dangit, i already sold the thing!

Back