Bergara barrel on Optima Pro

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy, they don't put Bergara barrels on the Optima or Optima Pro.

You would need to step up to the Optima Elite to get a Bergara barrel on an Optima. The Elite has a different lug system, as it is capable of center-fire rifle barrels.

The Accura, Electra, and Apex have Bergara barrels too.

If it has a Bergara Barrel it will be clearly stamped on the barrel in plain view with the Logo.

i wouldnt be to quick to say they dont put them on the optima or optima pro. They start putting them on the elkhorn last year.

If its a bergara barrel, it will have the name and stamping on it.

frontier gander said:
i wouldnt be to quick to say they dont put them on the optima or optima pro. They start putting them on the elkhorn last year.

If its a bergara barrel, it will have the name and stamping on it.

OK, let me rephrase that. They haven't put them on the Optima/Pro in the past. The Elkhorn is a different rifle altogether, and have you ever heard of a Bergara barrel on a Optima/Pro? Don't think so. It would be all over the net if they had.

Then read my last line, it kinda serves two purposes, one being a disclaimer of sorts. You must have missed it, since your last line is nearly identical?? :?

If it has a Bergara Barrel it will be clearly stamped on the barrel in plain view with the Logo.

derfhunter,

You are welcome! I guess I am not qualified to answer your question. :roll:

kodiak is another cva that is now sporting the bergara barrel. Im sure they'll be turning out the bergara barrel on the optimas if they dont faze them out soon.

I have an Optima Pro, Thumbhole, Stainless Fluted. It says Bergara right on the barrel. I got on clearance at Gander Mountain in Feb 2008 for $210.

bowbender6 said:
I have an Optima Pro, Thumbhole, Stainless Fluted. It says Bergara right on the barrel. I got on clearance at Gander Mountain in Feb 2008 for $210.

bowbender6,

I stand corrected, thank you for that informaton. I haven't seen one of those yet, and that is why I added the last line in my post. You would think there would have been more "buzz" about it on the net, but this is the first one I have heard of. Sounds like you got a good deal, I am sure the Bergara barrels alone would go for what you paid for the whole rifle?

I also have an Optima Pro, and it has a Bergara barrel. It`s stamped right on the side of the barrel.

I just looked at my two CVA's
Neither the Optima Magnum (blued,50 cal,camo TH stock) or the Kodiak (SS,Fluted,45 cal,camo stock) has Bergara bbl's, However the Kodiak bbl does say made is spain but there is no Bergara name or logo.
The Optima I have had for a long time but the Kodiak I got about a year ago,I don't know the manufacture year of either.

I saw a Kodiak with a laminated stock at Sportsmans Warehouse and it had the Bergarra barrel with the stamped name on the barrel. Apparently they are fazing in the barrels as the older ones run out. This was about six months ago.

Bergara Barrells

Whats all the hype? All the barrels on Spanish ml's are from the Bergara area of Spain are they not?

Educate me.

no not all of cva's barrels are bergara. Bergara uses high quality steel/ machining. The regular cva barrels are also great but the bergara once you own and shoot one, kind of spoils you.

never shot GM. But they do come with an accuracy guarantee. My best group so far was .853" outside to outside with a 250gr thor conical and 105gr RS @ 100 yards. Average is 1" out of my Accura.

Latest posts

Back