Hogs At New Feeder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hung this feeder at our property north  of Elmore City a couple weeks ago.   Deer come in the morning and hogs in the evening.  We have a big hog problem there now.   Will sit in a nearby stand and pop some pigs with a Ruger 10/.22.  

Date is wrong time is right.  

https://i.imgur.com/0Onc3ZM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/uJFRptF.jpg
uJFRptF.jpg

0Onc3ZM.jpg

Lots of little piggies! What part is that feeder set up in? Almost looks like where I used that tower stand.

Oh okay. That tree branch reminds me of that spot I used to sit in. Does that area get colder than near Lawton?

pigs_a15.jpg

Here are some of the pigs that are overrunning my feeders

man thats crazy! I get excited when i see pictures like that lol.

Some times at night there are even more , also tons of coons ,I shot 8 in one night a couple of months ago all at one feeder .

Coons are ravenous eaters. Two coons eat as much corn as a big hog. One morning i watched a coon eat corn for 47 minutes. Had enough of that and busted his butt. That coon weighed 25-30 pounds.

The winter weather here is too warm for good fur.

I wont be able to get good fur myself my lease is only about 25 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico. I have pics of mine sucking up the corn like a vacuum cleaner I know what you mean about them eating as much as a hog.

This is interesting guys, had no idea they were that big a problem. Have never shot or been around these guys, man you folks have lots of game where your at.  

I'm stuck with elk, mule & white tails, antelope, turkey and most small game (I'll just have to be happy with what's available).....   :tongue:

I remember those coons that day we stayed till dark and there were a couple trying to get into the feeders lol. I love the faces on those things, so cartoonish.

Went to my lease yesterday afternoon to shoot a pig for the barbecue. Waiting on something to show up a nice buck stuck his head out of the brush. I got my sight on his neck and started to squeeze off a shot and just as I shot a pig ran out of the brush and the buck jumped. i didnt miss completely
antler10.jpg
but I sure did give him one hell of a headache shot a big part of his left antler off. I was using my 45/70 Guide gun and the antler flew way up in the air ,poor buck ran out of there but sure ran like he was drunk

Went to our property north of Elmore City yesterday. Saw a couple does with fawns and a sounder of about 20 hogs, never got a shot. Filled the feeders and checked the game cameras.

Checked the zero of a .300 Win Mag and my Ruger No 1 in 9.3x62. The .300 shot so so but the 9.3 put three 250 grain Nosler Accubond bullets in a 2" group at 225 yards. The 9.3 will hunt elk on 23, 24 and 25 January.

Back