Hogs At New Feeder

Help Support Frontier Muzzle Loading:

falcon

FML Supporter
The place is in Garvin county: We never went there.

falcon

FML Supporter
Yep, you have a fine bunch of barbecue pigs there.

mark1945

FML Supporter
Some times at night there are even more , also tons of coons ,I shot 8 in one night a couple of months ago all at one feeder .

falcon

FML Supporter
Coons are ravenous eaters. Two coons eat as much corn as a big hog. One morning i watched a coon eat corn for 47 minutes. Had enough of that and busted his butt. That coon weighed 25-30 pounds.

The winter weather here is too warm for good fur.

mark1945

FML Supporter
I wont be able to get good fur myself my lease is only about 25 miles inland from the Gulf of Mexico. I have pics of mine sucking up the corn like a vacuum cleaner I know what you mean about them eating as much as a hog.

Buck Conner

This is interesting guys, had no idea they were that big a problem. Have never shot or been around these guys, man you folks have lots of game where your at.  

I'm stuck with elk, mule & white tails, antelope, turkey and most small game (I'll just have to be happy with what's available).....   :tongue:

falcon

FML Supporter
Used to know a couple soldiers who were dedicated coon doggers. Don't know anyone who chases coons now.

FrontierGander

Staff member
I remember those coons that day we stayed till dark and there were a couple trying to get into the feeders lol. I love the faces on those things, so cartoonish.

mark1945

FML Supporter
Went to my lease yesterday afternoon to shoot a pig for the barbecue. Waiting on something to show up a nice buck stuck his head out of the brush. I got my sight on his neck and started to squeeze off a shot and just as I shot a pig ran out of the brush and the buck jumped. i didnt miss completely
but I sure did give him one hell of a headache shot a big part of his left antler off. I was using my 45/70 Guide gun and the antler flew way up in the air ,poor buck ran out of there but sure ran like he was drunk

falcon

FML Supporter
Went to our property north of Elmore City yesterday. Saw a couple does with fawns and a sounder of about 20 hogs, never got a shot. Filled the feeders and checked the game cameras.

Checked the zero of a .300 Win Mag and my Ruger No 1 in 9.3x62. The .300 shot so so but the 9.3 put three 250 grain Nosler Accubond bullets in a 2" group at 225 yards. The 9.3 will hunt elk on 23, 24 and 25 January.

Latest posts