need some help with painting a stock.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsefly

Reaction score
ok i know several of you guys have painted your stocks, i searched the threads and cant find the posts. what i have is a traditions pursuit lt. in full camo. what i want to do or well am thinking of doin is making the fore end grip area and the stock grip area (the checkered part) black just to add some caractor to it and make it one of. i changed out the rings to black from the camo to off set it. as for the scope and barrel are in full camo also the only part that was factory black is the breech area. so how do ya guys think it will look? also how do i prep it and what paint and or primer will i need, and last will the paint clog up the checkering?
thanks guys

The biggest thing with the checkering would be to do a lot of light coats for even coverage and avoid "clogging"

Other than that, I would just make sure you get some good quality paint. Are you thinking about a flat black paint?

I just painted my Triumph, although I didnt paint the checkering. My Triumph was black so I masked off the checkering and painted the stock with Krylon camo paint in Khaki color and black webbing. I did clean the checkering with a tooth brush and alcohol before masking it. The Krylon paint worked great. I think the Krylon Fusion paint would work for the checkering. I would just do very light coats and then maybe a light coat of Krylon matte finish. Wal-mart has Krylon Fusion and camo paint in my town. It sounds like you have a good plan for your Pursuit.

horsefly if i was u i would leave it the way it is ,camo looks good and costs more when u buy a new ML . how is your trigger on the LT ..mine was hard and never got better even after extensive shooting ,i would work on that ..pic below of my TRADITION pursuit LT

here is a pic of it before i changed the rings to black. my trigger is not bad its sure not a trigger that i am used to on center fires but its ok and i'm used to it so i cant complain about it really. yeh i think instead of takin a chance and not liking it or messin it up i'm just gonna leave it alone. but thanks for the input guys.
100_2837.jpg

Back