OK, I see what all of the fuss is about with the new Accura

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnpb

Reaction score
Alright I think I figured out what I was doing wrong trying to get my new Accura to shoot. I have never shot off of a rest until now, always used sand bags, and I think my posture was off and I tried a different powder. I loaded 9 tubes of powder, 3 @ 85grs of Triple 7ffg, 3 @ 90 grs of the same and 3 of 100gr JSG ffg. The first 3 were impressive but the 2nd set of 3 were outstanding! 1 ragged hole, but I'm only shooting at 65yrds. The last set of 3 were with the 100grns of JSG and the 260gr Harvester Scorpion PT Gold and all were shot using the Harvester smooth black .50cal sabot and the first 2 were with 300gr .45cal Hornady XTPs. The pics are not the best but I was so excited I had to try to post them.
007.jpg

woohoo!! Good job! Im glad the new sabots did the trick for you. A good solid rest is really important in order to get the best accuracy out of the rifle.

Awesome!!!

Now for the best part...it will keep getting better since now you have found what you and the gun prefer. You will still have bad days but thats just part of the learning curve with any gun.

It took me weeks to get the Elite dialed in with the primers/powder/bullets i wanted to use.

Punching a single hole group is like good music or fresh apple pie. :yeah:

that is some excellent shooting. Glad to see you got your rifle tuned.

Very nice shooting. I knew you would find something that that accura would shoot well.

Way to go John... CVA really is making some fine shooting guns at a good price!

Latest posts

Back