tc bd or knight american

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flitz

Reaction score
have deals pending
tc bd mint 4x scope 160 tmd
knight american nib 140 tmd
help me make up my mind

Don't know much about the Knight American, BUT I once owned a T/C Black Diamond .50 and it was a very nice rifle and a good shooter. I just didn't like the open breech. It was toasting my Leupold even with a scope protector! :shock:

It's really about a toss up. American Knight doesn't have a recoil pad, pretty basic rifle. Not as bad on your scope as the Black Diamond is though. The Black Diamond was T/C top of the line a few years ago. The American Knight was a cost-cutter from the beginning.

I'd probably go with the American Knight.
1. Not as hard on scopes.
2. One piece breech plug.
3. No QLA.
4. Should be a shooter!

I also would go with the American Knight.

For the same reasons Chuck states above also, and that it has a Green Mts. barrel and excellent customer service from Knight one of the best IMO.

The American Knight is a cheaper version of the Knight Wolverine. The American Knight does not have a fully adjustable trigger and no recoil pad as Chuck mentioned.

The American Knight is drilled and tapped for scope mounting. It weighs about 6-1/2 pounds and has a 22-inch barrel. It is a light and fast swing gun.

The only thing I was not fond of was the disassembly and cleaning. Not as user friendly as my other Knights, but not horrible.

I have shot my friends American Knight many time and it is very good shoot also.

For the price you mentioned, it would be a good deal. :)

flitz said:
have deals pending
tc bd mint 4x scope 160 tmd
knight american nib 140 tmd
help me make up my mind

Forgot to ask, are the guns 209 primer, musket or nipple ignition?

I don't know much about the Black Diamond so I can't comment on it.

The Knight American comes with #11 nipple out of the box. You can use a musket nipple with the same breechplug and plunger/striker. Or you could upgrade to the 209 with the plastic jackets and a new breech plug and plunger/striker for about $59.00. I have an old American Knight that I still shoot. Upgraded to the 209 several years ago and really like it. It's a good shooter and I use it as a backup to my encore (when I'm not shooting my sidelocks).

tooldog

The Knight American comes with #11 nipple out of the box.

Don't some of the later American Knights use the red plastic jackets?

Don't some of the later American Knights use the red plastic jackets?

Yes, I think the last versions may have come with the 209 ignition and the red plastic jackets out of the box. Also, if I remember correctly, those last versions had max load of 150 grains of Pyrodex pellets instead of 120.

tooldog

The Black Diamond I owned came with #11, musket cap, and 209 ignition.

Latest posts

Back