Base & Rings for my savage m-10 (2)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montana338

Reaction score
I have a stainless savage muzzleloader model 10 -2, could someone tell me what I need for a good set of rings and bases? Manufacture - model numbers & base height? I plan on mounting a 3-9x40 mm Leupold on it.

Thanks,
Tom

Montana338 said:
I have a stainless savage muzzleloader model 10 -2, could someone tell me what I need for a good set of rings and bases? Manufacture - model numbers & base height? I plan on mounting a 3-9x40 mm Leupold on it.

Thanks,
Tom
Warne Maxima Series, paired bases,WARNE PART NO.M902/902M. WARNE MAXIMASERIES STEEL RINGS,1in. low height.WARNE PART NO>200M. I have this particular set up on my sons Stainless Sav. 10 ML, with a Zeiss 3x9x40. Looks sharp! Go to the "12 yr old draws first blood for pics" in Smokeless forum.The Butler Creek flip opens top it off.I might add that on Warnes packaging it states"20mm-36mm objectives".It handles the 40 mm with room to spare.

look on Ebay for savage mounts- I found this one on a quick look- search Ebay for Item number: 7207108959 leupold model 10 savage SA base- hope this helps -Getonit-

NOW...I wouldn't buy anything other than the Talley Lightweight Alloy Scope Mount. I have nothing but great things to say about them. I have the #930725 low rings and have mounted a 40mm Leupold with perfect clearance. That's also the mounting system used on all Ultralight Arms rifles. The bases/ring bottoms halfs are just one piece:

2005rangepics%20059.jpg

2005rangepics%20061.jpg

That's a Leupold 3-9X33 Ultralight mounted here...

big6x6,

I found a place to get the Talley one piece. In the listing they show part no. 930725 as a mount for a model 12 savage new round action is this the correct part?

Thanks,
Tom

Montana338 said:
big6x6,

I found a place to get the Talley one piece. In the listing they show part no. 930725 as a mount for a model 12 savage new round action is this the correct part?

Thanks,
Tom

I get them form MidwayUSA..

Talley mounts

I have that exact mount on two Savage 10ML-II and Harry has them on his 10ML-II with zero problems. In fact they were the easiest to mount I've ever used...EVER... I have the Leupold Ultralight 3-9 and a VX-III 3.5-10X40 mounted and Harrys is the 2.5-8 Vari-X III. Also have them on the ULA.... Zero problems... One of my favorite products I've used lately... NONCOMPENSATED ENDORSEMENT! :lol:

Back