recommend a rifle case

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

askoop

Reaction score
I am looking into a case for my first muzzy. I would prefer a soft side case that will offer good protection and ease of getting in and out for hunts. Rifle is a traditions pursuit LT with thumbhole stock. gun length is just shy of 42" and has a scope on it.

I was looking at either a doskosport gun guard x2 dlx hybrid or a kolpin scopetector, or one similar to those that cabelas has.

I will be at cabelas this coming week, so I hope to make a decision before then.

I have the Kolpin Scopetector and its a nice case; fairly expensive though!

I prefer a Pelican case but they are too expensive IMO. So I use a Redhead case for my ML. I'm sure Cabelas has something similar.

I just get the el-cheapo plano rifle cases for my guns. They are inexpensive and work just about as good as anything out there.

J-

a soft side case will not offer good protection ..get a cheap ridgid one with a foam liner . when i go caribou hunting we fly out from MONTREAL and i have seen them load the rifle cases no caution what so ever ..but it's your call ...

I wont be flying with this case anytime soon, it will just be for going from home to the range or hunting, all pretty short trips, and all handled by me only. If I fly someday with any weapon, I will get a good quality case for that event.

I'm liking this one at cabelas... http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true

looks like it may offer more protection than an el cheapo one... hmmmm, guess I may have to wait till I get to the store to decide for sure.

My bro has one of the plano air glides, I actually bought it for him years ago, and it is a good case, I just want something I can pull the gun out from the end without taking the whole case out of the Jeep.

I'll give a 2nd to the cheapo Plano. I got one at Bass Pro that has 3 or 4 small compartments inside that is perfect for holding accessories like caps, cappers, starters, cleanng patches, load tubes, balls and bullets if one so choices. It's held up great for 9 years so far - a great investment.

cheap walmart plano for me also. If i were traveling a lot with my scoped muzzleloader/rifle, i'd invest in a quality case.

case

How much you have in that rifle and scope? Take at least 20% of the cost to buy your case and protect your investment. dON'T GO CHEAP NOW.

Hard to believe that so many people will put there hard earned money into a fine weapon and expensive scope and then put it in a piece of crap case (?????).

I guess, people have more money then sense.

:think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

wildhobbybobby

Is dat dere Yooper joke, eh? Man oh man WHB :lol:

thanks for the link wild bobby, Ill have to give them a closer look too

Re: case

Bucker said:
How much you have in that rifle and scope? Take at least 20% of the cost to buy your case and protect your investment. dON'T GO CHEAP NOW.

Let's see, 1 Knight USAK - $135 including the starter kit
1 Bushnell Sportview shotgun scope - $70

1 Plano Cheapo case (actually it's a Doskocil) - maybe $25 or $30

Sounds like I'm in the Ballpark. :D

No I wouldn't fly with this case - than again I ain't letting an airline get ahold of my weapons anyway.

I would recommend a SKB. They cost alot more but they're worth it to me.

Latest posts

Back