New To muzzleloading

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Long-Shot

Reaction score
Hello everyone, some friends of mine over at DC.com told me to check this site out. I just bought a T/C Renegade .54 last night on Gunbroker ( I dont even have it yet!) and I know absolutely nothing about muzzleloading. I am extremely interested in getting into doing mountain man rendezvous and what not. I am rather young, in my late 20's, live near Spokane Wa, firearms and self-defense instructor, student in criminal justice (hoping to be a LEO one day), married, no kids, tons of firearms and reloading things. Those are my hobbies except for the mountain man thing.

I recently went to a out door range and me a man there that had a T/C Renegade. He let me pull the trigger and THEN warned me that is addictive. Well, that was a week ago and I have thought of little else. So I bought a rifle (again, its being shipped) and have no idea what I am doing! HELP!!

Thanks all.

Avenger
Welcome to the site - it is a great one - you will find a lot of information here...

Drive on down to Moscow and we will head out and shoot Renegades together... I am shooting one this weekend.

There is a Rondy shoot in the Tri-Cities - April 17 - I am going to run over and shoot that one - they are a ton of fun...

Hey Avenger. Im one of your buds from over at DC.com. Wormy is my screen name over there. Welcome to the forum. I would love to help you get started but I shoot mainly in-lines so I dont know a whole lot about traditional. There are some very knowledgeable super guys on this forum that Im sure will help you out. Just be patient on the responses to your posts as there are not near as many posters on this sight as DC.com. Congrats on your new Renegade and be sure to let us know how it does for ya.

A new rifle comes with a manual. A used one.. download a manual for the rifle from tcarms.com and read it. There is a ton of information in there. You picked a great rifle. One of my favorites.

Latest posts

Back