My ugly as sin Ovation is back home for good

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
It may be an ugly SOB but it sure shoots well and i like the faster 1-24 twist and deeper rifling.

The odd part is its unique firing pin assembly. Ive been told kahnke had a part in its design and by looking at it, you would think it should have massive blowby.

It doesnt, primers are super clean...almost any primer. They are just held in place by a slight spring pressure from the firing pin assembly. I found out it uses a vent liner style system too.

I sold a friend both my WinApex and the Ovation but i didnt get paid in full. We reached an agreement that worked well for us both. He returned the Ovation and paid the extra $100 to keep the WinApex.

I gave him some more goodies to sweeten the deal too. Bullets/sabots and more loading/cleaning stuff.

One of my favorite features, it takes Knight inline bases (round receiver) and even the Knight/Williams receiver peep site fits. :D The bore is a bit tight but i gave it a good polishing lastnite and now it feels really smooth.

Have a good one, im off to work.

Scott

This is it with my old WinAPex. Its got a cheap halo type red dot site on it.

Pedersoli Ovation 50cal

50s1.jpg

I need to take some better pics of it but... :D

I bet it would look better in the dark! :oops: Its not all that bad, really. The shooting part is what counts! :lol:

How well do those halo sights work? I see they have came down in price.

cayuga said:
How well do those halo sights work? I see they have came down in price.

Its hard to keep better than 2" 50yard groups but deadly for a "jump shot" within that range in low light.

I mainly use this style site because a scope gets in the way very badly with the firing pin design. I have a pic with a scout style scope mount but the scope still needs to be moved more forward for the correct eye relief.

It will probably end up with a Williams/Knight receiver peep site for awhile. I can shoot pretty well with those.

EDIT

This is with a 2.5 power pistol scope. Sadly it had just a bit too much eye relief and needs to be moved further forward. Eventually it will be a "scout rifle".

OvationScout1.jpg

Latest posts

Back