Finally shot my new Accura

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooter44n45

Reaction score
I finally got a chance to shoot my new Accura and WOW!

1st tried 300 grain .44 XTP with crush ribs and got so so accuracy.
2nd tried 300 grain .45 XTP that come in the TC pack with a longer black SABOT.

Shot ONE 410 grain Great Plains bullet and called it a night.

The .45's group MUCH better than the .44's although they were not horrible. Im still shooting iron sights so I can only imagine what will hgappen when I throw some glass on it.

The .45's came in around 1" at 50! and the .44's turned in a group of 2 1/2".

I would SERIOUSLY consider using this for ourshotgun season but my 11-87 shoots just as well or better (with scope).

I cant wait to try different primers, I ordered a small rifl primer conversion for it. I bought some Remington kleenbore 209 primers and they are JUNK. One hangfire and one failure to ignite. Winchester blue box was flawless.

My powder was 100 grains of 777 and one shot that stayed in the same group was 90 grains of 777. I'll hit the 100 yard range when I get a scope fo it.

Congrats on your new gun
I got to shoulder an Accura and a Triumph (Not bone collector) at the same place.
I have to tell you that I would have bought the Accura had I had the money.

With good glass, I will bet that Accura willl do one inch 100 yarders if you use .452 XTPs in Harvester Crushed Ribs... 95-100 grains of powder.

shooter44n45

The .45's group MUCH better than the .44's although they were not horrible

In my experiance I would generally agree with you on that statement...

I would SERIOUSLY consider using this for ourshotgun season but my 11-87 shoots just as well or better (with scope).

The day will come that you will reverse this statement -almost guaranteed...

I ordered a small rifl primer conversion for it.

I am not sure if you are talking the vari-flame kit or the 25ACP conversion... the 25 ACP is by far the best... oops this is an Accura - not sure they even offer a 25ACP for it... Not much of a CVA fan although the Accura and Apex are really out of step for CVA when it comes to quality, they are suppose to be out-of-site good..

I handled the accura at cabelas- they have a SWEET trigger! You should try blackhorn before you do the 25 conversion.

sabotloader said:
shooter44n45

The .45's group MUCH better than the .44's although they were not horrible

In my experiance I would generally agree with you on that statement...

The day will come that you will reverse this statement -almost guaranteed...

I ordered a small rifl primer conversion for it.

I am not sure if you are talking the vari-flame kit or the 25ACP conversion... the 25 ACP is by far the best... oops this is an Accura - not sure they even offer a 25ACP for it... Not much of a CVA fan although the Accura and Apex are really out of step for CVA when it comes to quality, they are suppose to be out-of-site good..

I ordered the Variflame but the kit wa out of stock. Im a very avid reloader so Im sure I have the tools and ability to prime/deprime the adapters.

With good glass, I will bet that Accura willl do one inch 100 yarders if you use .452 XTPs in Harvester Crushed Ribs... 95-100 grains of powder.

I'll order some crushribs for the .452's when I get a scope, maybe in the next month or so. Does TC use MMP or their own SABOT's?

Will small rifle primers light the BH powder?

The crush rib sabot may be too loose in your Accura, especially if you are shooting BH209. I use the smooth Harvester Sabot in my Accura. I also have good luck with the Winchester shot gun primers.

I see no reason to experiment with ignition using BH209. The Varaflame adapter helps with the 'crud' ring when using 777, but there is no 'crud' ring with BH209. The same can be said of the .25 adapter. If you want to shoot a powder other than BH209, it probably is worthwhile to try something other than the standard breech plug.

Back