How clean was the Lehigh NFPJ in an Elite45?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
After roughly 50 shots not bad and the breach cleaned up very easy. No hard carbon in the breach, NFPJ Adapter or bolt face. The soot wiped off very easily.

Bolt.jpg

Bolt2.jpg

Breach.jpg

NFPJ1.jpg

NFPJ2.jpg

The only harder carbon was in the primer pocket and almost all was at the bottom. You can make out the slight primer crush ring in the residue.

PrimerPocket.jpg

These pics are with no cleaning at all, not even the primer pocket since it worked fine all day. My normal cleaning time was cut nearly in half vs the FPJ.

:yeah:

BTW now i am convinced the Montana Exrteme Bore Conditioner does make clean up easier. Barrel residue is noticeably easier to remove and first shot point of impact is far better.

I forgot to mention this is with a slightly larger flash hole too than the Lehigh vent liner. I put the Lehigh vent liner back in for the next outing.

Another thing i have been trying is using the ME Bore Conditioner on the breach area too. I put a very light amount on a patch then wipe it off. Leaving just a very light film...same on the bolt.

You can kind of see it in the handling marks on the breach plug. The primer "tube" and nut basically wiped clean with a dry patch. I did remove the vent liner though and drop it in some Hoppes and gave it a thorough cleaning.

I have another one coming for the Extreme 50. :D

Since this one is slightly tighter in the Extreme i dont want it to wear any and possibly get looser in the Elite. It fits/functions nearly perfect in the Elite and dont want to chance it.

I counted my primers as best i could. I saved a bunch of each in labeled tubes but i know i tossed a dozen or more.

32-36 Wint7s fired...i think these played a role in the softer residue but im not sure.

12 Fed209As were the dirtiest but still not bad at all.

12-15 Win209s...usually my preferred primer and will be used the most next time.

Next time im not going to use any Fed mags just to see if it can be cleaner. Plus it will have the Lehigh vent liner with a slightly smaller hole. The PR liners did do VERY well IMO and im trying them in my modded Accura plug next. Ron recommended i try them as an experiment and it was worth the effort in mine.

Inspection of the ones i saved showed a preference for the WinT7s although they are a tad shorter than Win209s. Probably because they are milder and not building as much pressure as fast in the flash channel.

I sure hope others have this kind of success because IMO the Lehigh NFPJ GenII has huge potential and fairly priced. Machining quality is unequaled IMO too. The improved GenII NFPJ adapter worked flawlessly and not a single primer failed to just fall out. I really want one for my GenI in the GMB54 since its plug seems ok but the adapter does require a little shake for them to fall out.

Disclaimer
This is not a paid endorsement of any kind. I paid for mine and get mine just like everyone else does...click BUY. :D

Latest posts

Back