Testing the Lehigh Generation II - Knight Plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is exactly what my primers looked like expect I used Remington 209 STS primers for the test. I need to get to the range to shot it now.

jsteurrys said:
That is exactly what my primers looked like expect I used Remington 209 STS primers for the test. I need to get to the range to shot it now.

Thats probably going to be the norm IMO. Each gun with the conversion will have a few primers that work the best in that gun. The RemSTS in mine is about 4th if i had to grade them by residue. My STSs had a fair amount of hard carbon on the bottom and mostly just a little soot on the sides.

They are still acceptable in mine also and far better than the Gen I in the Elite 45.

Looks like the private range near me is open and not crowded. Im getting ready now for a real test and the weather is nice and cool too. :yeah:

Heading out now with almost 3 full bottles of powder including a new jug T7 3FG. Plus about 20lbs of bullets. Ive got to try it after using the ME bore polish and conditioner.

The battle of the 45s and Lehigh GenII testing begins. :D

I think its safe to say it works great in my 45 Elite. Not even a single primer was hard to extract and all just fell out of the NFPJ adapter.

What worked best for me?

Hint.

WinT7s.jpg

A small sample including some firing 100gr of BH209 and 300gr PBs. Not even the slightest hangfire with WinT7s with the very easy loading Powerbelt Plat 300.

FiredWinT7Primers.jpg

The PR Ultimate 45 360gr is truly an amazing conical with my moly mix and a felt wad. Its low but the Elite is sighted in for 185grXTPs w/90gr of BH209.

Ultimate360QT.jpg

6 180gr XTPs at 100yards.

180grXTP.jpg

Seems my Elite doesnt know that the GreatPlains 285gr HBHP is supposed to be inaccurate. :D

GreatPlains285grHBHP.jpg

I shot a round or two with 3 different primers and then finished off the day using only WinT7s. Isnt this primer NOT supposed to ignite BH209 very well. I did not get a single hangfire even on a plug with zero cleaning and over 30 shots. It even shot some of the tightest groups with very loose bullet/sabot combos. :huh?:

Such as this PowerBelt Plat 300gr that goes down with 1 finger pressure.

PBbeltPlat300.jpg

Houston we have a winner. :yeah:

Back