TC Impact ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guns & ammo has an article about the impact this month, havent read it yet but did glance at it. blued barrel black stock MSRP. $249

Still havent seen one in person but Cabelas has the Omega blue/black thumbhole on sale for about $50 more.

Its just not enough of a price difference to make a difference to me.

T C Impact

I bought a TC Impact about a month or so ago. Bought it on a Thursday and brought it back to the store on Friday. Worst piece of junk I ever had.
Here is what I discovered with the one I had.

1. When you break it open there is a very loud click.
2. Stock is too short even with the removable section in it.
3. Open sights are very cheaply made.
4. Primer sits in too deep so with a scope it would hard to INSERT IGNORE and remove without using a capping tool. Not good for hunting!
5. Breech does not appear to close very well so I believe that moisture will be a problem if hunting and it starts to rain or snow.
6. The rifle does not appear to be built too well. I think TC lowered their standards when they produced this one.
7. After opening and closing the breech on the one I had it locked up and I was not able to open it again. Store clerk, a good sized guy, could not pull the levers back to open it either.

There were a couple of other problems also but can't recall them right now.

checked it out at cabelas yesterday. Very cheaply made and the stock is the worse ive ever seen so far on a TC. The northwest gets even worse in the stock department, i call it the "bubble gum" stock because its so "chewy" AKA flexy.

frontier gander said:
checked it out at cabelas yesterday. Very cheaply made and the stock is the worse ive ever seen so far on a TC. The northwest gets even worse in the stock department, i call it the "bubble gum" stock because its so "chewy" AKA flexy.
Beins' how you are married to CVA, isn't your opinion of TC kinda irrelevant?

ronlaughlin said:
frontier gander said:
Beins' how you are married to CVA, isn't your opinion of TC kinda irrelevant?

If it makes a difference, the $170 traditions buckstalker was a better built rifle than the impact as far as stock quality and looks.

Both TC's i looked at, the stocks you could spread apart with you fingers. F-L-E-X-Y.

When they end up in the "Bargain Bin" for $99 i might give one a try and resell it. :D

Until then there are too many options in a (close enough) price range that are proven designs and even a few in stainless.

In the sub $200 range they would sell far better IMO.

I picked one up today in the store and it sure seemed like a decent rifle for the price. Everything appeared fine, the stock did seem a little soft but it's a great idea with the adjustable spacers, great for a starting shooter to grow into.

I even talked to the one of the store staff and the gun manager had taken one out and he said it shot really well. He said it seemed really solid and for the price he was going to buy one.

I'm looking into getting one of these or a CVA Wolf for my sons 5 year birthday, even though he might not shoot it for a year or so.

I'll have to do a little more research.

Not to great, when I looked at one I though it was a CVA or a Traditions at first. They really pulled a S&W on this one.

i also handled one and too bad that T/C is selling a low quality muzzeloader ..i guess they believe there is a market for cheap quality MLers.

I handled one at my Local Gander Mountain, I did not the stock at all. However I absolutly did not like to barrel locking mechanism. Plus i found that it did not come to my shoulder the way I wanted it too. Too hard to line up the sights.

Latest posts

Back