New to Me Knight LK-93. (pics added)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkKnight

Reaction score
I just picked up what I think to be a deal but really don't know a whole lot about the gun itself.

It's an LK-93, Camo synthetic stock with thumbhole and a SS barrel in .50.

Came with a 3X9 Bushnell Banner scope and a bunch of shooting supplies.

I'm thinking about converting it over to 209 but still haven't decided yet.

Anyone have any experience with this particular model? I paid $50 for all listed above and the gun appears to be hardly used. Bore looks great and the no rust or pitting that I can see.

I'll get some pictures and post them up tomorrow.

DK

IMG_0360.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG

I have a LK93 in 54cal and its probably my favorite just because i kept it simple and light weight.

You got a steal on it at $50. They are very accurate and the trigger is far better than one might expect from a entry level rifle. It will hold its own against far more expensive guns.

Mine was/is in near mint condition too and i got it with the 209 FPJ conversion. It needed a part and Knight fixed me up in a week. You can get parts at Numrich too but they are limited.

IMO one of the best investments is a Knight/Williams receiver peep site they sell for under $40. Since its not the cleanest shooter, not having a scope in the way is a big plus to me.

They have the original Knight slipon recoil pad too. Im not sure if your thumbole stock needs one but my plain stock model did. I also switched out the plastic trigger guard with a metal one from Knight....Thanks Sam and Al.

GM54-120 said:
I have a LK93 in 54cal and its probably my favorite just because i kept it simple and light weight.

You got a steal on it at $50. They are very accurate and the trigger is far better than one might expect from a entry level rifle. It will hold its own against far more expensive guns.

Mine was/is in near mint condition too and i got it with the 209 FPJ conversion. It needed a part and Knight fixed me up in a week. You can get parts at Numrich too but they are limited.

IMO one of the best investments is a Knight/Williams receiver peep site they sell for under $40. Since its not the cleanest shooter, not having a scope in the way is a big plus to me.

They have the original Knight slipon recoil pad too. Im not sure if your thumbole stock needs one but my plain stock model did. I also switched out the plastic trigger guard with a metal one from Knight....Thanks Sam and Al.

Thanks for the great info. Seems to be a few mods that I can do if parts can be found. I have been shooting a Knight Revolution I for the past 6 years so this is a completely different beast.

This will primarily be a back up gun unless I like shooting it more?

I think I'll shoot some loose powder with the 11 caps first to make sure everything shoots well. If it passes that test then the FPJ conversion will have to be ordered.

DK

Does whom ever have any more for 50bucks......

Steve

Nice gun, great deal. I personally would stay with the #11 caps. IMHO those plunger guns work better with the #11s.
Art
________
VAPIR NO2

sbuff said:
Does whom ever have any more for 50bucks......

Steve

If they did I would have probably bought them all. This was definitely a deal that I lucked into. I got it from a buddy who got it on a trade with several other guns. My buddy has no interest in muzzleloading and just wanted to get rid of it. So I lucked out and was able to add Knight #2 to my collection.

flounder said:
Nice gun, great deal. I personally would stay with the #11 caps. IMHO those plunger guns work better with the #11s.
Art

That's my biggest question right now. My other knight is a 209 gun and I shoot T7 pellets and would like to shoot pellets in this gun but more important I want to shoot something that is reliable and accurate.

I've seen a lot of comments that the #11 isn't enough fire to ignite the pellets. I'm hoping to get some feedback from everyone to know the best starting place with this particular rifle.

#11 caps are not meant to ignite pellets. When that gun was made there was no such thing as pellets. But you give that rifle 85 grains of loose powder and a 250 grain XTP in a black harvester sabot, and it will flat out shoot.

I have one also. Mine is stainless and has the thin light weight stock. They make a great tree rifle or walking around rifle. Also their accuracy will have you wondering why Knight ever stopped making them. They are a Wolverine. That is what the LK became. In fact sometimes they are referred to as Wolverines instead of the LK series. I own two of them. An LK-II and a LK-93 basically the same rifle. I shoot #11 caps out of mine and have no problem with loose powder.

I think you are going to like the rifle.

DarkKnight,
Again, you will find a lot of opinions out there, but my advice would be to start shooting loose powder. If you shoot any amount at all the cost savings will be substantial. Also, if you get some speed loaders of some sort and measure your loads ahead of time, the loose powder is not a hassle. Lastly, loose powder gives you the ability to fine tune your loads to a greater extent.
Art
________
BMW M HISTORY

cayuga and flounder,

Just what I needed, a little bit of nudging in the right direction. :D

I think I might pick up an extra breach plug and a couple extra nipples just in case. I'm pretty sure all Knight's that shoot #11 are 1/4 X 28 nipples if I'm not mistaken?

Took some measurements that recoil pad is the one. Ordered today.

The next items on the list are going to be a sling and a hopefully some flip up scope covers.

As well as an extra breech plug, a few extra nipples and some powder.

I've given myself a $100 budget for this project and that includes the price of the gun. So I've got $36.70 left to spend on this rifle. This of course does not include shooting supplies(slugs and powder). :D

camera051.jpg

That is my LK93. As you can see it has a stainless steel barrel and also the thin hunting stock. Granted it makes it light weight, and should kick. But I do not find the recoil all that bad.

My LK-II has a 2.5x20mm scope on it. It is a walking rifle. Here is one of its favorite loads. Most of my shots in the area I live are 35 yards or less. A 50 yard shot is possible, but usually in the hardwoods for that kind of distance as most places the under brush is too thick.

DSCN0248.jpg

Thanks for that info Cayuga. I'm going to get some powder this weekend and will prob start with T7 2f due to availability and I'm not sure what bullet I'm going to go with. My revolution shoots powerbelts really well I and I can touch the same hole at 100 yrds most days.

I think we'll start with 80gr. T7 2f and a 245gr. powerbelt aero tip since that's what I have a lot of right now. It'd be nice to only have to buy one bullet but I'm looking forward to playing with loads and bullets on this rifle.

Latest posts

Back