The new turkey getter!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babills

Reaction score
Well here is my new to me virgina smoothrifle.Built by Bobby Christain. Its a 62 cal with a 36" barrel, jug choked full by Danny Cawood. Going to the range with it tomarrow to shoot shot and ball down her. With the shorter barrel it sure handles sweet. Should be great in the woods.
004-7.jpg

shotty

That is real nice looking. You will definitely be getting the looks at the range w/that and whe you start showing targets and it isn't single holes?? :lol:

I will be interested in the shot patterns from that. It is a beautiful smoothbore.

cayuga said:
I will be interested in the shot patterns from that. It is a beautiful smoothbore.

Well cayuga i took it to the range and played a little. here is the target. Four balls in 1 hole, and i drew a turkey head? and took a shot at it. This was at 25 yds. Overall im very happy with the performance.
001-10.jpg

You have a good gun there. Turkey or deer it can do it all.

nice looking gun you have thier, i also like the turkey head you drew :p

Thanks guy's i've been shooting patched round ball down her and she is definately a keeper.

Babills, I don't know you nor have we even posted responses to each other in any threads. But, I need to thank you!

I saw this thread and was so impressed by your fine turkey gun that I ordered a new Caywood 12ga game gun.

Good luck with her and I hope you shoot tomzilla!

Johnny

FrontStuffer1 said:
Babills, I don't know you nor have we even posted responses to each other in any threads. But, I need to thank you!

I saw this thread and was so impressed by your fine turkey gun that I ordered a new Caywood 12ga game gun.

Good luck with her and I hope you shoot tomzilla!

Johnny
johnny Thank you very much i am sure you will love your caywood. I am glad i inspired someone. I unfortately won't have time to turkey hunt this spring as college id takeing up all my free time but i am enjoying my range time with this beutiful gun. It shoots and handels great. I hope to see some pics when your gun is finished.

Unless college classes are 3am to 6:30am you should out there and see if you can get one right after fly down.

Johnny

Back