Hello from Missouri

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloSoldier

Reaction score
Just getting started with Muzzleloading, trying to gear up as a British 95th Rifleman. Yes, I am a big fan of Bernard Cornwell's "Sharpe" series. Watched them all, have most of the books.

Go Greenjackets! :) I have read all of the Sharpe’s books by Cornwall. Good stuff! Kind of like the army version of Horatio Hornblower, or the Aubrey/Maturin Napoleonic War naval chronicles

Welcome, from NC!

‘Poet

Last edited:
Thanks for reply. My Baker is at the gunsmith's, getting some TLC. Trying to talk my seamstress (aka wifey) into sewing a uniform. Still working on it!

Welcome from Texas, I used to live in Missouri for many years in Fair Grove then Hartshorn before I moved back home to Texas .

I can only hope to receive that distinction. however, once upon a time, many decades ago, I was a sergeant in the 10th Cavalry.

Yo hi ya, You will find many a "MYTH BUSTED" with Muzzle Loading as I have, I know one incident rotated from front to rear in the 6 years since I started. Some truths, a lot of myths, wives tales. RESEARCH, GOOGLE and LIBRARY. Are a lot more deserving, yes takes me time however better than MY COUSIN said, or my uncle 44 times removed......RESEARCH MY FRIEND

I have observed that same thing over my life, especially when I was a soldier. Every international hiccup had the rumor mill churning!! If it had all been true, my outfit would have been frequent flyers to X, for possible combat actions in support of Y!!

Welcome from the Kingdom of Callaway County that is smack dab in the middle of Missouri! You are in some pretty country there.
Big John

I live in North Louisiana, and I bow hunt in Southern MO. Near the small town of Thayer, very pretty county and super nice folks. Would love to live up there.
m

Back