The Triumph...Looks better.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quigley

Reaction score
The Triumphs are great shooters, but I must say they are ugly. I saw greatbasins post of his Knight he painted and it looked great, so I decided to try it on my TC. All in all it turned out excellent. The Krylon paint worked well.
mb0fid.jpg

2b4oe1.jpg

1e1bhg.jpg

Geeez...Anyone know how to make these pictures smaller. I hate computers.

oh HELL yes! Man you did one hell of a job on that rifle! You need to send that picture to TC and tell them... THAT is how you make a gun look good! Beautiful job, especially on the webbing.

Been looking here for that webbing paint but its impossible to find here!

quigley said:
Geeez...Anyone know how to make these pictures smaller. I hate computers.

Use photobucket instead of tinypic to host your pics, it has an option to resize pics. Thats the easiest way unless you are familiar with photo editing software.

I just use a feature that comes with my Nero software but there are tons of simple programs available on www.download.com. Most are trial versions with limitations.

I usually size mine to 800xWhatever and it seems ok for forum pics.

frontier gander said:
oh HELL yes! Man you did one hell of a job on that rifle! You need to send that picture to TC and tell them... THAT is how you make a gun look good! Beautiful job, especially on the webbing.

Been looking here for that webbing paint but its impossible to find here!
Impossible to find here also. Had to order it off the internet.

smyers717 said:
Very nice paint job. Is it hard to do?
Na, not hard at all. Just takes some time for prep. Took the most time to mask everything up that I didnt want painted.

Triumph

Boy that came out nice. That really personalizes and makes a good looking gun a sharp looking gun.

It does look awesome and in a few days my Disc thumbhole stock is getting a similar color scheme. I like the tan with black webbing a lot.

Leaving the checkering black really adds a nice touch and its actually very practical since it is more prone to wear on the sharper edges of the checkering.

:yeah:

Quigley that looks awesome. Thinking about moving to North Carolina what part are you in and how is the hunting down there? :D

Joes said:
Quigley that looks awesome. Thinking about moving to North Carolina what part are you in and how is the hunting down there? :D
I live north of Asheville in the western mountains. I mainly grouse hunt with my German Shorthair pointers in NC. Do most of my deer hunting in Georgia. Much more deer down that way. There are some good deer in NC, but just not as many. Western NC is a beautiful part of the country. Im sure you would like it here.

Back