black horn prices out of control!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it depends on your view point and just how bad a crud ring you get.
I do pressure testing and the difference in pressure between 777 and BH allows me to go where I can not safely go with 777; beyond that I get the worst case of crud ring I have ever seen and nothing seems to help much, I know mike does not have that problem he is also over 5,000 ft higher compared to see level and not sitting down wind of a very large lake with summer temperature that averages in the 90's and equally high humidity.
I believe we each have to make our choices according not only to what we know but also to accommodate our location and our goals. Lee

Re: sax

Bucker said:
U sure you didn't mean $15 a nbottle? $5 I would have gone into my savings to buy it all and put my beloved BH209 away> also look for a personal message from me my friend.

Sorry,My bad,it was $7
I only had enough cash to get one jug,when I went the next day they were all gone.
I shoot mostly BH-209 but when I see those prices on other propellants,I buy them.

I got your message and am honored you sent it to me.

I haven't tried any Blackhorn 209 yet. From the sound of it it may be too late.

I still have quite a bit of Pyro RUST left to shoot up.

frontier gander said:
ive gone through almost 8 cans of bh209 in almost 2 months. Its worth every penny. I rarely have trouble finding an accurate hunting load. With other subs i could go through half a can or even a full can and my accuracy would still be "iffy"

blackhorn209 for me has simply been the most accurate powder ive ever used and load development hasnt been hard to find. All of my rifles love 100gr bh209 with a 245-295-338- powerbelt or 100gr bh209 with the Thor.

yeah, but....do you like it? :twisted:

love blackhorn. If the can spout were a little bigger, i'd make love to it.

pyrorust as you call it, well that only happens when its not cleaned. same goes for the other subs.

love blackhorn. If the can spout were a little bigger, i'd make love to it.

Who do you think you're kidding Gander?

WhoIsThisWoman.jpg

Latest posts

Back