Old 777 pellets... could that cause accuracy problems?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TroyTwpSlayer

Reaction score
Good morning all... new to the forum. Got out my trusty .50 cal Encore last night... used up my last box of T7 pellets and started a new box. I don't shoot this too often... in Ohio your allowed one buck and I've been blessed with my bow before muzzleloader even comes around. I got an invite to a late season muzzleloader hunt in Indiana next month, so I wanted to make sure it's ready to go. I could not get this thing to group at all (vertical stringing, flyers) I'd say 6-8" groups at 100 yards... usually prints 1-2" groups. Stayed with my trusted procudure. Cleaned between each shot (both sides of a split patch, both sides of a dry patch), 5 minutes between shots. I did put a new Leupold scope on it... everything is tight. It was a little windy (maybe 10 mph - straight from my bench to the target) I used 2 - 50g pellets. Tried 2 different bullets and sabbots (260 grain Extreme Elite HP and 250 grain Hornady SST) I was looking at my powder and the box said 2003, but it's been kept in an air tight army can, inside my safe. I'm beginning to wonder if that is the problem? What do you all think? Thanks in advance for any help on this! Jeff

Back