Heading to the Santa Fe Trail Rendezvous in Raton, NM

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzzleloader48

Reaction score
Jonathan has been up there since Friday.

Getting ready to head up to the rendezvous and look at all the wares to buy.
I meet a lot of great folks up there. It is amazing how many younger folks(men, gals, and kids) are getting involved in this.

Several year there was this little girl, couldn't have been more than 7, stopped to talk to me and my granddaughters. She was dressed in period clothing, and she was sporting a leather chest sheath with a knife in it. She showed us her knife and proceeded to show just how danged well she could use it, then promptly put it back in its sheath. I have to tell you that was impressive.

Then Jonathan and his friend took us over to the hawk throwing area and showed my granddaughters the art of throwing. The girls had a blast throwing the tomahawk. Great day!!!

You do certainly meet a lot of friendly folks at those rendezvous. I have shot monthly matches for many years now, and they are the same way....lots of friendly folks. My old body is giving me fits now, but even at the matches I'm not up to shooting, I love to just go shoot the bull with all the folks.

Jonathan has been up there since Friday.

Getting ready to head up to the rendezvous and look at all the wares to buy.
I meet a lot of great folks up there. It is amazing how many younger folks(men, gals, and kids) are getting involved in this.

Several year there was this little girl, couldn't have been more than 7, stopped to talk to me and my granddaughters. She was dressed in period clothing, and she was sporting a leather chest sheath with a knife in it. She showed us her knife and proceeded to show just how danged well she could use it, then promptly put it back in its sheath. I have to tell you that was impressive.

Then Jonathan and his friend took us over to the hawk throwing area and showed my granddaughters the art of throwing. The girls had a blast throwing the tomahawk. Great day!!!
Wish I could be there...sounds like fun.

Back