SO TELL ME

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k

Reaction score
what are folks taken' out the first day of big game season.do'nt foget your loads.....karl

Cabela's Sporterized Hawken, (left hand) .50 cal, with Nikon 4x in offset Traditions Performance Firearms mount. 240gr. XTP over 100gr. loose 777.
jan-feb2009muzzleloader003.jpg

.504 White Model 97 Ultra Mag with a 2-7x32mm Nikon scope. I will be shooting 70 grains of Triple Seven 2f and a 460 grain .5045 Bull Shop Conical bullet with a #11 CCI Magnum cap.

Oct. 17th Muzzleloader deer season: T/C Firestorm flintlock ? 80 gr. FFg under a 275 gr. Maxi-hunter (or 250 gr. REAL, depending which one shoots better)

Working on the sights on an 1873 trapdoor Springfield. Will use for modern gun season in Nov. if I can get it dialed in.

Well, our season doesn't open until Nov. 14th. so I have time to change my mind. But right now the plan is to hunt with the .54 Great Plains flintlock on the morning of the 14th (95 grains GOEX FFFg under a patched ball). The .50 Lyman Mustang for the evening hunt (105 grains T7 under a .452 300 grain Gold Dot in a Harvester short black sabot), and the .45 Green Mountain barreled Renegade for the morning of the 15th. (85 grains GOEX FFFg under a .410 210 grain Gold Dot in a Harvester 45/40 sabot).

Season opens Oct 10th, this Sat. I will be using my new Great Plains Left handed Flinter in 54 cal. I will be using round ball over 85 gr Swiss FFg

i'll be taking either the grayhawk with 80g t7fff under a 245g buffalo ball-et (thanks cayuga)or the 54 renegade prb over 90g t7fff.tell me,why is it that i started muzzle loadin' with an inline to extend my season,bought a few caplocks for fun,and now the slug guns just sit in the closet.i will get the inlines out later in the season but these cap locks sure are a BLAST....karl

If I get the time off from work, probably take my Zouave with 500 grain minies.

gun

In Ohio Inline Pro Hunter w/ 300 grain xtp/mag and 110 grains of BH209 (I am working on that load right now) I will also have my back up Wolf, 250 Grain xtp/mag and I I don't know what grain BH209 yest, For Muzzleloader in PA I will take my Luman deersatlker flinty, 80 grains goex and a patched RB w/ moose milk by way of cayugas recipe on the patch. I will cut the patch at the barrel from a strip I made and inserted into a film cannister.

k

First day of ML - elk season here in Idaho... I will be packing my 'Idaho White'

A GM-LRH SS barrel installed in a Remegade stock... loaded with elk medicine... 90 grains T7-3f, .510x.125 Shot Card and on top of that a 460 grain Bull Shop Conical.... capped with a Dynimint Noble 1075+ cap...

07Doe.jpg

The 10th of oct, this sat. 50cal 65gr black powder .490 rb dead on at 50 yds. Iron sites of course!!! :prayer:

Hopefully she won't forget

Well, it was not opening day but the following Sunday, October 4, 2009. I took my oldest daughter , my T/C Grey Hawk, open sights, 90 grains of fffg 777, and a Hornady GP 385 gn slug. I darn near forgot; dont forget the primer and the wonder wad. All we got was a large doe. She dressed at 117 which is huge for Upstate South Carolina. I don't think that my daughter will be forgetting the memories of her first hunt either. I would post pictures but don't know how.
ANNSLEYDOE.jpg
[/img]

Next Thursday (15th) our four day antlerless season opens. What am I going to take to the woods? Well it will be a Tc Hawken in either 45, 50 or 54 cal. Changed some sights and need to get something sighted in soon. What ever rifle ends up going to the woods, it will be loaded with Hornady great plains bullets and triple seven 2f.

Back