FTX-scores

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJJ

Reaction score
This morning was the second day of the youth hunt in Michigan. I took my 12 year old nephew and the encore ph to set on stand for a few hours. Made the stand 20 minutes before sunrise. 15 minutes after there was good shooting light, a dandy 5 point emerged from the edge of the hedge row. He was attempting to cross a small bean field approx 50 yards from us. The youngster attemted to draw on him, only problem was, the tree was shaking so bad that the leafs were falling out of it. I instructed him to lean against the tree for support. He asked if he should cock the hammer? You all know the reply. The deer cooperated fully, turned broadside and he touched er off. Bang-flop. What a satisfying feeling. We log a lot of range time. And it really paid off today. 110gr. loose T7 and 250gr FTX, sb harvester. Bullet was not recovered, high shoulder shot- pass through. A well placed shot, regardless of expansion is terminal from a .45 caliber projectile. This was the quickest hunt that I have ever been a part of. I probably ruined the kid. lol

Congratulations to the both of you! 8)

Your nephew is lucky to have somone like you mentoring him.

Post some pics if you can? We love pics! :wink:

Thanks for posting the story.

Congratulations to your nephew. Its nice when things work out like that. A can guess that the nephew was a little excited with the bang flop. Also he's luck he has someone like you willing to take the time to do all this with him..

100_2766.jpg

That smile says it all :D

buck

good on you and that kid! I love it deer hunting in shorts??/ What are we coming to? LOL

Back