T/C Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timberwolves

Reaction score
Hey guys I am new to ML and am considering puchasing a Nikon Omega 3-9X40 BDC, I am putting it on my new T/C Omega 50 cal. ML. Does anyone have any suggestions for a base and rings for this set up ? I am open to any recommendations. Thank you John

My Omega had a Leupold QR base and low rings with a VX1 2x7. An excellent setup as the scope returned to zero after removal.One advantage to that is you can bring a pre-sighted spare scope and rings on your trip and if your primary takes a dump , throw 2 levers pull it off and put the other one on and go hunting. Mine was never more than 1/2 inch off zero after many removals and remounts performed to test its return to zero accuracy.The low rings keeps your head down for a good cheek weld so the rifle doesn't get a running start before it belts you in the chops! Looks really good too...

1X on Leupold QR bases and rings.
I've had both styles on my Omega, the Leupold QRW, which has the Picatinny style slot and clamp and the round post style QR. I prefer the round post because the release lever is smaller and rounded. The QRW style wore holes in my wool jackets because it stuck out and was kind of sharp. Now I have the QR low under my 3-9 Omega scope and the fit is pretty tight to the hammer so you might be better off going to the higher if you hunt with gloves a lot.
If you go to the slot type base, make sure to get steel because your ML will hammer the Weaver aluminum slots unless you really tighten the clamps hard -then you'll need a tool to get them off and defeated the purpose of quick release.

Latest posts

Back