KNIGHT HAS BEEN BOUGHT!!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are really being tight lipped about the new owner.

Another friend that knows even more people at Knight doesnt know either. I was informed it will be announced soon according to the email i just got this morning.

Im beginning to think Doc White might have a hand in the deal. Maybe not the new owner but my gut tells me Doc or a former owner (TK) have something to do with it.

This secrecy is killing me!!!!!

BTW the website has changed again. It has new colors and format with a 2010 copyright.

Not sure it is a good clue or not, but I just checked to see who owns/administrates the
Domain Name: KNIGHTRIFLES.COM and it comes up;

Registrant:
PI, Inc.
213 Dennis Street
Athens, TN 37303
US
Fax:4237461310

pi-inc.com

Reese said:
Not sure it is a good clue or not, but I just checked to see who owns/administrates the
Domain Name: KNIGHTRIFLES.COM and it comes up;

Registrant:
PI, Inc.
213 Dennis Street
Athens, TN 37303
US
Fax:4237461310

pi-inc.com

I was going to keep that under raps until i was finished. I checked out the whois ect too and well....you know the answer. :yeah:

FWIW, Knight's privacy statement (http://www.knightrifles.com/privacy-statement/) also mentions the "213 Dennis Street, Athens, TN 37303" address.

Also, if you plug this into Google;

PI-inc site:knightrifles.com

You get a link to this;

Knight Rifles Warranty Questions and Answers
E-mail Knight at [email protected] or call Knight at (866) 518-4181 with the Model and we'll get a manual mailed or e-mailed out to you. ...
www.knightrifles.com/faqs/krwarrantyfaqs - Cached

If you click on "Cached" you see a document that is no longer linked to on Knight's web site.

Green Mountain no longer has the knight style rifle listed on their website.

DC

minst7877 said:
Green Mountain no longer has the knight style rifle listed on their website.

DC

Yep it looked like it changed on 3-11-2010 or after. A cached hit from that day still shows it but it is gone now.

The 32cal squirrel rifle based on the Disc is gone too.

Its sad but at least i got #39, so i imagine they are pretty rare now unless Knight picks them up. I will have to call them and see how many sold.

Thank you for the update.

Scott

Hornet22savage said:
Does this mean that the new company will not be using Green Mountain barrels? That would be a real shame.

Good question but im betting they will stick with what worked for them in the past. If they do change im confident they will choose a good barrel.

They should have a fairly large back stock of GM barrels from some pics ive seen of Sam in the shop. KP1s are for sale now and have GM barrels so....

We can only hope.

GM54-120

Speaking of change.... you know the one change I would really like to see is for them to move to a 1/24 twist rate... I think White has proved what a versitile twist rate that turns out to be. The thing is that 1/24 is that versitile in a 45 or 50.

That would be the one thing that would drive me to buy a new Knight in a big hurry.

Tried to send Gordy an email this mornning using his old email address - rejected - things are a changing....

sabotloader said:
Speaking of change.... you know the one change I would really like to see is for them to move to a 1/24 twist rate... I think White has proved what a versitile twist rate that turns out to be. The thing is that 1/24 is that versitile in a 45 or 50.

That would be the one thing that would drive me to buy a new Knight in a big hurry.

Excellent suggestion SB. I cannot tell you how many times I have had that exact thought. That twist rate would be a nice option and would add value to their future offerings. Hopefully Knight will be open to new ideas and won't have a "business as usual" mentality. Maybe even someone there is listening to their core consumers here at Modern Muzz.

sabotloader said:
GM54-120

+2, or is that +3? :wink: Sign me up for both a .45 and a .50 if that were to happen. I love my Whites, but I would also like a Blackhorn 209 friendly 1:24 twist rifle (yeah, I know the Savage is a 1:24, and the Pedersoli's in .50 cal). They (Knight) would sell a ton of new rifles with that twist rate. They need to have some "cutting edge" introductions that are well thought out and tested, not just "sales gimmicks" when they start sellin rifles again.

With the new bullets like the Hornady FPB and the THOR, I would also like to see a .40 caliber in an even faster twist for shooting sabotless. I have the older .45 caliber Knight Disc in 1:20 twist shooting sabotless with Blackhorn 209. I have been shooting several .451"/.452" bullets with a fiber gasket wad for a gas seal. I do have to put a slight knurl on some of them by rolling between 2 bastard files for best results. It would be nice if they made the Hornady FPB or the THOR in the .45 caliber. The .40 caliber Barnes bullets could easily be made into the THOR bullets as well.

I wish the new owners well, I just hope they listen to the customer better than EBSCO/PRADCO ever did. Do not try to market a half dozen new half baked rifles at a time without ever getting the bugs worked out before introduction. :roll:

They should backup 6 years,come back with the Bolt action and redo their break-open with a year of test to be sure no problem will arise.
Their market was with hight quality bolt action like the Disc Extreme or Disc Elite and the Ultimate if proven a hight quality rifle,add up a tested KP1 and they will be on the track again.
Just my opinion
Moose1

I agree with the 1 in 24 twist.
They need to develop 3 rifles a bolt for the bolt guys a break open for the break open guys and a light short barreled 45 probably a break open for the girls and kids.
by limiting the number of different guns they would keep production costs down; by developing those guns so they were with out any problems and of high quality with a reasonable cost they would get back Knights share of the market and make a profit to.

sabotloader said:
GM54-120

Tried to send Gordy an email this mornning using his old email address - rejected - things are a changing....

Yep even in 54 cal. 1-24 is a very good twist rate for modern inlines. My Ovation 50 (that i just got back) is a 1-24 and it shoots 300gr+ very very well. Drop the oddball 52 and make a bad to the bone 54 with a 1-24 or 1-26. :yeah:

Me and my friend both decided the WinApex was a better option for both of us. So now i got my fast twist 50 back :D

BTW i found 2 awesome Whites at the show today. One is a beautiful wood stock (laminate?) and stainless Super 91 504 with "Not for Resale" on the Barrel.

The other is a black and stainless. Both are in awesome condition.
I have the guys info if anyone wants it Plus he has the boxes and is a former White reseller. He even has White sabots with 400+gr bullets and some conicals in the original packages.

I got some pics on a friends phone too.

I have a .54, Lyman Cougar thats a 1-24. and that gun flat out shoots 525 gr PR Colorado Conicals. I don't shoot it much because it almost rips my shoulder off. A Knight 1-24 .50 would be sweet.

Back