Montana Extreme?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Ok guys i have a .58 sitting here and WILL NOT stop developing a light layer of rust in the barrel.

Time to set me up with that montana stuff. Whats the website and which stuff do i order?

I am surprised you are still getting rust. Even once cleaned, if a good gun oil is used, you should be rust free. But

Montana Cowboy Solvent will really clean a rifle bore good. It takes out all the nasty stuff. I like it a lot more then Hoppe #9. And then some Montana X-treme gun oil should do the trick. You might not need the Montana X-treme bore conditioner. Its a good oil, but I really like their gun oil. I have been using that in my rifles and it seems to work real good.

I think Midway USA and Mid South Shooters supply sell the stuff.

never mind, these places are trying to rape people on shipping :evil: I'll call the main place tomorrow and see what i can get it for through them.

So you can't get any other gun oil to prevent corrosion??? Sounds a little weird to me. What makes you think this Montana X stuff is going to be the miracle oil if nothing else is working???

If you're oiling the barrel properly,,it can't rust. Impossible. 8)

Bore Butter,,,, or a brass brush with whatever cleaner you're using is giving you a false "rusting" result.

Back