Goodbye UPS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are so many options to throw at people like that: calibrated pressure containment unit, portable remote cavity maker, breeched steel cylinder with carrying handle, saboted projectile accelerator, first stage meat processing implement, (need I go on?) . . . . . . .

Two items sent by USPS have been lost recently. Also my office's certified mail mail has a couple of losses per month. Thus I am a little hesitant with them now.

a couple of years ago I tried to send a ML to my nephew via UPS. No go I even went as far as to e-mail their complaint compartment (don't remember where that was any more) but ended up shipping usps with out a hitch, I think I did pay extra for it being oversized though.

I just tell anyone who asks what I'm shipping that its sporting goods. That seems to cover it.

I tried the "sporting goods" description at a main UPS terminal. They wanted more detail so I said golf clubs. Got 3 miles down the road when they called and told me the xray showed a gun. I explained it was a mz, it was ok to ship by THEIR rules, and they in fact had delivered to me previously. They refused.
I returned to pick it up and the female supervisor was there to tell me I was wrong - if it shot bullets, they could not ship.

Further attempts to educate her did not go well. She told me she could have me arrested for attempting to ship illegally. I told her I wasn't that busy and was willing to wait for her to call the police. She refused,I took the mz and shipped it with no questions 1/2 later at my USPS office.

Combine this with the stories above and we see that it is the individual office that makes the difference. Some know the laws - many don't. But I now use USPS exclusively outgoing.

as of this year, UPS holds a better hand so far.

USPS on the other hand in the past 9 months has lost a total of 14 of our packages.

Back