mounts for CVA Accura

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fla shooter

Reaction score
Looking to put scope on my new CVA Accura. Any recomendations for a good base and QR rings for this

fla shooter

This is what Breechplug uses on his Accura's

DSC08785.jpg

I do not like the see through rings but the bases look solid...

Been looking at that base GM54 looks pretty solid. So far thats how I think I am going to go

GM54-120 said:
Ive been wanting to try this mount. I have Durasight 2 piece now and single on my Apex.

I dont know if this is full M4 spec but it looks good. Should work great with Warnes quick release rings.

http://www.eabco.com/cgi-bin/shopper.ex ... ey=127-814

CVABase02.gif

WarneQDBlack.gif

I put this base on my own Accura and its a VERY well machined base. All holes lined up perfectly, its very solid, rings mount up nice and tight and the overall finish is great. I would recomend this rail to anyone.
IMG_1033.jpg

That base shown in GM54's reply would also help with the longer LOP on the Knight guns,, if they make one to fit the Knights.
It would allow for more eye relief adjustment on the scope the way it extends back past the breech.

The 1 piece base trumps the 2 piece bases on tip-up rifles every time.

shooter44n45 has tons more options with that 1 piece base than you ever could with the 2 piece bases. The Warne rings are hard to beat as well. Less chance of having to lap your rings, as the 1 piece base keeps both rings in perfect alignment, highly unlikely on two seperate bases. Your scope will thank you as well.

That EABCO Keylock base is really nice!

All,

First post here. Just ordered a CVA Accura last night and I'm planning to scope it. I really prefer a one-piece mount and ended up finding one from Evolution Gun Works (EGW) for $29 here: http://www.opticsplanet.net/egw-cva-inline-muzzleloader-picatinny-rail-scope-mount-2476.html They also have them for TCs and a number of other MLs and centerfire rifles.

EGW parts have a good reputation and the ones I've used on my 1911 have been very well machined and finished. Also going to use some Burris Signature Zee low rings and a Nikon ProStaff 2-7x30, which I hope will be a good match for the Accura.

Looking forward to learning from the crowd here - first front stuffer for me! :D

duckhunter

Here is a picture of the EGW base:

opplanet-egw-cva-inline-muzzleloader-picatinny-rail-scope-mount-2476-top.jpg

Also found this one from EABCO (website listed in one of the above posts). Has a built-in adjustable peep site on the scope base. Would be a great back-up for guys with large-objective scopes that have to remove their factory rear sight. Some QR rings would make it a nice setup. Only downside would be losing some rail real estate and limiting eye relief options. Pretty slick, really. dh

CVAPeep01.gif

Also found this one from EABCO (website listed in one of the above posts). Has a built-in adjustable peep site on the scope base. Would be a great back-up for guys with large-objective scopes that have to remove their factory rear sight. Some QR rings would make it a nice setup. Only downside would be losing some rail real estate and limiting eye relief options. Pretty slick, really. dh

Thats the main reason i like the non peep site version. I like lots of options on eye relief and ring placement. I have a Burris M4 type one piece but the base has to be M4 milspec. Its currently on a tactical 9mm carbine but would love it on the EABCO base....if it fit

Ive looked all over for a M4 extended CVA inline mount without any luck. and my GMB54 will get a scout scope type mount IF i scope it.

GM 54-120,

The base that I ordered (a couple of posts up) is picatinny rail that I believe would work with your Burris mount. Lots of eye relief options with the EGW rail.

dh

duckhunterok said:
GM 54-120,

The base that I ordered (a couple of posts up) is picatinny rail that I believe would work with your Burris mount. Lots of eye relief options with the EGW rail.

dh

Ive tried universal blanks, 2 piece bases and 2 picatinny rails but they were all spaced just a tad off or the slots were just a tad to small. Even the one on the carbine needed to be modified to fit this mount. This mount only fits real M4 milspec flat top bases. Its made specifically for flat top M16/AR15s.

199560.jpg

A solid flat top is highly preferred and if the EABCO peep version fits i could use the peep without removal.

screw size

Does that EGW base come with the correct size screws for the CVA Accura? -- the Accura uses a larger than typical size screw!

Re: screw size

bluedog said:
Does that EGW base come with the correct size screws for the CVA Accura? -- the Accura uses a larger than typical size screw!

Not sure yet - the mount is still backordered at Optics Planet.

I might get one of the Dednutz integrated mounts if the EGW rail doesn't ship soon.

dh

I went with the DuraSight medium height bases and rings from Cabelas. These work very well, but you need to have the TALL rings to be able to access the trigger eaisly on the Accuras. I paid around $29 for the kit and need to spend another $20 to get the correct rings now! :x

Latest posts

Back