Ramrod

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spence

Reaction score
I Want to upgrade my CVA Kodiak ramrod. My range rod is solid aluminum and works great so a solid aluminum rod would be ideal. Will the T/C Power rod fit in my thimbles and be long or short enough. Actually, if the power rod T handle is at the muzzle end when stowed, how do you keep a "special" loading jag on the rod? I'm sure mine won't fit backwards! Open to suggestions. Thanks

if you want that t-rod you'll have to put the loading jag on when you go to load and then take it back off when you go to put the ramrod back down in its place. Not really that much trouble while hunting but could be a pain during target practice. But as you said, you have a range rod for that.

Thanks but

What other options are available? Would prefer to keep the jag on and use a palmsaver in that case. Do most replacement rods run the same diameter, so any will fit the thimbles?

I think that is what is on my Kodiak. Too flimsy. Glad I tried it at the range and can eliminate that P.O.S ! Got used to my range rod I guess!

How tight of load are you shooting? The universal ramrod is good for powerbelts and conicals but i can see if being to flexy for a tight fitting sabot.

I had the tc powerrod with the t handle on a cva optima and liked it. Just had to screw on the loading attachment after each shot in the field.

T/C also makes a power rod that can be cut to length and an insert glued in the end. This would accomidate the length issue. I'm not sure on the diameter.

Latest posts

Back