White Rifles

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
toytruck said:
Oh, yeah I did kill a wild turkey hen with the .504 last month. Then I missed two does (afraid it was operator error) not the guns fault... :oops: :lol:

Woodgoat ought to be able to straighten ya out.... 8) :wink:

Pocampo said:
Underclocked said:
U-mag was only made in .504 and most of them take a .5045 bullet nicely. They will also shoot sabot loads very well.[/quote

Underclocked,

thanks for bringing that to my attention UC as I was not aware of that. I'm finding out New info all the time and there is a lot to remember as there is so many models out there.

Would it be possible to make up a chart and post it on DWB's and MML that lists the different models, variations, cal's available, barrel lengths, finish, available stock options & years of mfg. as well as ignition systems and such with photos, now your talking!

Sort of a go to reference for all members. You and a lot of other knowledgeable White owners no this forward and backward but the Newbies and forgetful folk like me don't.

Pocampo

Because White was owned and built under MTI and also White and the fact that it was a build and sell as the design and development was ongoing it might be pretty much of an undertaking just to get the standard models figured out not to mention all the special ones that Doc did himself.

MLKeith said:
Pocampo said:
Underclocked said:
U-mag was only made in .504 and most of them take a .5045 bullet nicely. They will also shoot sabot loads very well.[/quote

Underclocked,

thanks for bringing that to my attention UC as I was not aware of that. I'm finding out New info all the time and there is a lot to remember as there is so many models out there.

Would it be possible to make up a chart and post it on DWB's and MML that lists the different models, variations, cal's available, barrel lengths, finish, available stock options & years of mfg. as well as ignition systems and such with photos, now your talking!

Sort of a go to reference for all members. You and a lot of other knowledgeable White owners no this forward and backward but the Newbies and forgetful folk like me don't.

Pocampo

Because White was owned and built under MTI and also White and the fact that it was a build and sell as the design and development was ongoing it might be pretty much of an undertaking just to get the standard models figured out not to mention all the special ones that Doc did himself.

MLKeith,

I still think it would be worth the effort. If you pulled all the info from all the DWB members and all the resident experts and put all this info into some organized format by model and year you could publish a book on "White" rifles and sell them.

In my short time there it is obvious that there are several knowledgeable resident experts on board.

Just my two pennies :idea:
Pocampo

POCAMPO,
First, Nobody would be able to read the book. You'd have to hire a translator just to have half an idea whut ther sayn. :lol:
Secondly, see the first reason, and thirdly take a look at the general thread about nothing. Thats a novel all on its own. 8) :lol:

TJJ said:
POCAMPO,
First, Nobody would be able to read the book. You'd have to hire a translator just to have half an idea whut ther sayn. :lol:
Secondly, see the first reason, and thirdly take a look at the general thread about nothing. Thats a novel all on its own. 8) :lol:

TJJ

I see exactly what your saying......I guess I skipped school the day that class was taught :? That might explain why the teacher up and quit.
:shock:

Dont let those "Little Rascals" fool you, there sandbagging to hide their true identity. :lol:

Pocampo

Pocampo said:
TJJ said:
POCAMPO,

TJJ

I see exactly what your saying......I guess I skipped school the day that class was taught :? That might explain why the teacher up and quit.

Pocampo

Go to Doc Whites site and he has a small breakdown of the major models that were available. All the crazy mixed stuff that was made is not included but the main idea of each model is there. I just sold a Thunderbolt that Doc installed a Criterion barrel on an action that I found without a barrel and set it up for the .32 cartridge primer holder system. I forget at this time what Doc called that conversion. I know that he had a trick name for it. That is another reason that some Whites are non-existent as the only ones that know about that rifle is Doc White, me and the guy I just sold it to yesterday.

MLKeith said:
Pocampo said:
TJJ said:
POCAMPO,

TJJ

Pocampo

Go to Doc Whites site and he has a small breakdown of the major models that were available. All the crazy mixed stuff that was made is not included but the main idea of each model is there. I just sold a Thunderbolt that Doc installed a Criterion barrel on an action that I found without a barrel and set it up for the .32 cartridge primer holder system. I forget at this time what Doc called that conversion. I know that he had a trick name for it. That is another reason that some Whites are non-existent as the only ones that know about that rifle is Doc White, me and the guy I just sold it to yesterday.

So your saying there are a lot of custom one of a kind specimens floating around.
I'm starting to think a M-97 U Mag .504 with a 26" barrel and a laminated stock might be the ticket. It does have the 2 screw attachment and the better lug system, correct?

Pocampo

Back