the outfitter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
frontier gander said:
Made in spain.... but look who the barrel is made by. Careful with the tongue next time some of you want to say * i only buy american made* :lol:

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop ... uctCode=CR

Yes the 24" center-fire barrels are made in the USA by Wilson, but I am pretty sure the muzzleloader barrel is still extruded by Ardessa of Spain.

For the $550-$599 price tag on these center-fires, I can buy a H&R with 2 or 3 extra barrels.

yeah but u get stuck with the looks of the h&r :lol:

Just thought that traditions using a american made barrel was a sweet set up. I still would take the apex over it though. And yes, everything else is traditions.

frontier gander said:
yeah but u get stuck with the looks of the h&r :lol:which still look better than that splattered cva :lol:

Just thought that traditions using a american made barrel was a sweet set up. I still would take the apex over it though. And yes, everything else is traditions.

My Accura looks mighty fine to me. Looks even better when loaded with a powerbelt or a thor :!:

thanks for the reminder fg i have a sample pack of thors to try out............karl

k said:
thanks for the reminder fg i have a sample pack of thors to try out............karl

What are you gonna shoot them out of? I want to try them out with American Pioneer powder and see how much it takes to = the Accuracy i get with RS.

H&R"s are not that bad looking,plus they are great shooters....

Steve

naah im just messin with you all. i have an h&r 20 guage also. They dont have the greatest fit of the stock to frame, along with the frame having sharp edges but they are fine. Tight triggers but that bird i shot yesterday at 10 yards pretty much turned into dust :lol:

frontier gander said:
yeah but u get stuck with the looks of the h&r :lol:

Yep, the H&R's are so ugly you can get 2 whole rifles for the price of one of the Traditions, and still have money left for scopes.

photo_Synthetic_23rem.jpg

Or one of these and a 200-300 dollar scope.

photo_ultra_varmint_T.jpg

photo_ultrahunter.jpg

photo_ultravarmint.jpg

photo_ultrahunter_stock.jpg

http://www.hr1871.com/default.asp

Traditions.

CR-10459.jpg

Who copied who here? And I won't even bother to mention the CVA Wolf/Optima receiver clones. Oops, I just did! :oops: :lol:

Guess I'll just have to settle for the ugly, half-priced, Made in USA original. :?

I will have to agree with you on the Apex over the Outfitter, no contest there. Not even close!

never really paid much attention to the trigger on the h&r 20g but its probably 6 to 7lbs of a lot of grit/travel. Im actually going to spray it down with some graphite.

Accura wins in the looks department. Also noticed the plasic trigger guard on the HR.
accuhr003.jpg

Dont forget to mention TC/Knight in the coping department ;)

frontier gander said:
k said:

What are you gonna shoot them out of? I want to try them out with American Pioneer powder and see how much it takes to = the Accuracy i get with RS.

i'm going to try them in a triumph,knight disc xt,and a knight vision.i want to shoot them with 100g vol. blackhorn.seeing as i can't shoot groups i'll just see if there's a poi change and allso how the loading goes.....karl

i stick with what gets the job done and fits me. Like some guys stick with knight even they they are done.

frontier gander said:
never really paid much attention to the trigger on the h&r 20g but its probably 6 to 7lbs of a lot of grit/travel. Im actually going to spray it down with some graphite.

Accura wins in the looks department. Also noticed the plasic trigger guard on the HR.
accuhr003.jpg

Dont forget to mention TC/Knight in the coping department ;)

Funny, I'm not feeling it with your Accura. I have never had a problem with the plastic trigger guard, and my rifles have been all over, even up and down the mountains of Colorado. What trigger guard is on the Wolf and Optima?

Your 70's era H&R looks rather appealing to me, warts and all. I have some factory H&R/NEF triggers (light, and break like glass) here I'll put up against any factory Accura trigger you can muster. I'll win! I also have some that probably won't win, there is no grit or creep, just a hair heavier than I like, but nothing in the 6-7 pound class for sure.

But back to the Traditions that this thread started about, those triggers can come in the 9-10+ pound range. I have never seen a Traditions factory trigger that wasn't heavy.

on the optima, Aluminum/Alloy, not sure what metal it is. Not plasic though thats for sure.

On this Accura, its most likely under 2lbs. I had the guy at a gun shop guess-timate it and he said 2lbs or under. These babies have sweet triggers on them. And if you do something foolish like i did, and molly them, they'll feel like your pulling on a feather :lol:
Picture525.jpg

Latest posts

Back